Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Denmark will give England a much, much tougher test at least. Just hope Southgate doesn't feel the need to go 8 at the back.

Yeah, didn't Denmark take four points (with a win at Wembley) in the last Nations League?

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Two major semi-finals for the first time since the 1960s. Based on the history of English performances on the world stage, this is genuinely a golden era.

And as I keep saying...the squad is so young!

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Two major semi-finals for the first time since the 1960s. Based on the history of English performances on the world stage, this is genuinely a golden era.

Wait, I dunno if I’m being daft but do you mean two major semi-finals for England or just two major semi-finals referring to this Euro tournament?

12 minutes ago, Owen said:

Wait, I dunno if I’m being daft but do you mean two major semi-finals for England or just two major semi-finals referring to this Euro tournament?

I meant two semi-finals in consecutive tournaments. England had previously only done it once, in 1966 and 1968.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

I meant two semi-finals in consecutive tournaments. England had previously only done it once, in 1966 and 1968.

Ohhh gotcha, I completely forgot England got to the semis in the last world cup.

52 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Made up Henderson scored after all the shit he was getting for being called up. 

Was this a thing? I thought he was pretty universally liked? Or do you mean because he wasn't fully fit?

Anyway:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Colly said:

Was this a thing? I thought he was pretty universally liked? Or do you mean because he wasn't fully fit?

Anyway:

Probably a bit of both tbh. I think by some sections of football fans he's massively underrated. Think as well given the squad size I thought he should have been considered for the fact he was coming back to fitness and even probably as a sort of leader within the squad he'd be good to have around. I know James Ward-Prowse is a good player etc but I think having Henderson around the team is more beneficial than JWP playing a bit part for the team. 

1 minute ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

You lot tonight had me giggling and being really into the game. Thank you again for the company. 

Do you think England can do it? Myself I don't know if I actually want to believe. 

After they survived Scotland at Wembley, they had a chance. :-) 

• Like 2

We (Denmark) are practically playing with house money and have for a while
- Lost our most influential player. Possibly for good

- Lost 2/3 group stage matches

- Advanced nevertheless

- Advanced from a knockout game for the first time since 1998

- Advanced from a quarterfinal for the first time since 1992

- And we dont look too bad in the ongoing qualifiers either

That said we will probably not advance from the semis. But hey. I have been wrong before. 

• Like 2