Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I understand the negativity, but it's not stopping me from enjoying this moment. I may never experience it again.

I don't begrudge anyone on here as everyone is lovely. Bit of me wants England to win as Southgate is a nice person and the team are a good set of lads

I just want the gammons and the people who sing songs about poverty etc as football bantz to be miserable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

I just want the gammons and the people who sing songs about poverty etc as football bantz to be miserable

Might as well just cancel all football in that case.

• Like 2

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

I don't begrudge anyone on here as everyone is lovely. Bit of me wants England to win as Southgate is a nice person and the team are a good set of lads

It doesn't help that the media is so inclined to target those kind of fans and get them riled up to a fever pitch, almost insinuating that those types are the "real fans" that every other England supporter should be aspiring to be.

I mean I'm 24 hours removed from feeling the exact same way as the England fans do now, and at no point has anyone told me I should take the day off work to celebrate the achievement. Perhaps it was happening in Italy, where it would be the same scenario.

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

Similar here, I like the players themselves and Southgate is inoffensive and I enjoy seeing his tactical approach even if selection and subs may raise an eyebrow at times.

The fucking flag shagging, anthem booing, general pimples on the arse of society that are fully on the train have wound me up so much though that part of me would hate them to win it. Of course, if my dad's anything to go by this might be the only time I ever see us win a major tournament so can't not want to see this part of history so on balance want them to do it but there's an element that'll be relieved not to have that twat de Pfeffel parading around rallying the gammons in more xenophobia.

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I've got to admit - and this probably just confirms any lingering doubts about me being a miserable bastard - I also dislike the posh lefties who have noticed the England team is perceived as being "woke" so have started supporting the England team EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T REAL FOOTBALL FANS AND HAVEN'T SUFFERED LIKE REAL FOOTBALL FANS

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I understand the negativity, but it's not stopping me from enjoying this moment. I may never experience it again.

Nor should it tbh. If we're being genuine I'm made up for you guys on here cos you've had a lot of shite for ages and it's been a terrible year for everyone so if it manages to make people happy then it's only a good thing. The majority of the English team are decent likeable players (except for a few utter pricks I.e. Kane/Maguire) and Southgate has clearly got the right idea, it's just the awful bleating on about 66, the entitled arrogance, the brexit gammons etc that lanky mentioned that ruin it for me. I don't see/hear Italian press, or Belgian press or France etc constantly harping on about it so maybe if I didn't have to see Rio and Chiles and Tyldesley and Matterface and so on being utter bellends then I probably wouldn't care about England winning a tournament.

But I do, I fucking hope the Italians annihilate you lot.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Colly said:

Might as well just cancel all football in that case.

Nah because you've got the media who make it worse and then all the bad fans of each club combine together when England play. It's much worse. 

10 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It doesn't help that the media is so inclined to target those kind of fans and get them riled up to a fever pitch, almost insinuating that those types are the "real fans" that every other England supporter should be aspiring to be.

I mean I'm 24 hours removed from feeling the exact same way as the England fans do now, and at no point has anyone told me I should take the day off work to celebrate the achievement. Perhaps it was happening in Italy, where it would be the same scenario.

See I have a friend from Belgium and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. He said it was pretty much like what you've said in terms of how with England it is very in your fave where as it feels normal with other countries

I want England to win for the lot of good people who will fully enjoy it, for the team and staff who to go a whole tournament and concede once (not my style of football but fair play to Southgate hes proven me wrong) and I do think it'll do a lot of people good. But can I be bothered with the likes of Smithy who is 5 pints of fosters deep going on about how he's going to dye his hair blonde and singing about footballs home and celebrating how this is a victory against the Marxist lefties 

I've enjoyed interacting with everyone during the euros on this thread with the way the world's been the past 15 plus months, football and this community in general brings people together and its been a blast 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Kaney said:

Nor should it tbh. If we're being genuine I'm made up for you guys on here cos you've had a lot of shite for ages and it's been a terrible year for everyone so if it manages to make people happy then it's only a good thing. The majority of the English team are decent likeable players (except for a few utter pricks I.e. Kane/Maguire) and Southgate is clearly got the right idea, it's just the awful bleating on about 66, the entitled arrogance, the brexit gammons etc that lanky mentioned that ruin it for me. I don't see/hear Italian press, or Belgian press or France etc constantly harping on about it so maybe if I didn't have to see Rio and Chiles and Tyldesley and Matterface and so on being utter bellends then I probably wouldn't care about England winning a tournament.

But I do, I fucking hope the Italians annihilate you lot.

Yeah, same. Nothing against England or English people. I live and work in England, got a lot of English friends, the people on this board are great. But I hope you get fucking pumped and the memory of Euro 2020 brings you nothing but sadness and the memory of a scoreless draw against Scotland.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Being serious for a moment I'm looking forward to this final as a (more or less) neutral. I think Italy will edge but it's quite difficult to pick a winner.

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

do you think they taught him how to take penalties?

• Like 1

I think England will win, the crowd will help and we've been much flatter since we stepped outside of Rome. 

I've already been told to "fuck off you Italian cunt" on a work WhatsApp group, so that's something to look forward to for the next week.