Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

I'd love to see the massive scowl on Mourinho's face at having to watch Luke Shaw score that goal. For an overweight fattie, he sure got up the field really fast while still having the stamina to bang that volley in at the near post.

• Like 1

Someone needs to find the post I made a couple of years ago where I said he was 'finished' as a Premier League player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

When I think of Luke Shaw, I think of the time he broke his leg. Scoring in the Euro final three years later is great for him.

Shaw broke his leg in 2015...

6 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

When I think of Luke Shaw, I think of the time he broke his leg. Scoring in the Euro final three years later is great for him.

It was a while longer than that, but still, when you look at Shaw being at rock bottom confidence wise under Mourinho, he didn't look like getting in an England squad again, let alone this. 

He's got his moment now but if it turns out to be the winning goal, he'll be remembered forever.

I said at work, England would score early and dominate the match once they got a flow on. OR Italy would frustrate and torture them all game, stupid fouls, shitbaggery to the max and win 3-0 with all the goals coming late.

So I'm intrigued to see England score mega early. What a goal by the way, the aerial camera was wonderful!

8 minutes ago, FLiam said:

This is going to be one hell of a slog to watch.

Ay it's certainly been a bit on the dull side like. 

Italy just look very plain so far. Chiesa has been the only player to have threatened. It's very sidewards from Italy and England have covered the space well. It's gonna take something special I think for Italy to get back into this. 

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

Ay it's certainly been a bit on the dull side like. 

Italy just look very plain so far. Chiesa has been the only player to have threatened. It's very sidewards from Italy and England have covered the space well. It's gonna take something special I think for Italy to get back into this. 

Or a clanger from England.

Hopefully the second half is better for the neutrals. An early goal in a match between two best cautious, defensive sides was always going to create this slog. England have every reason to play negative football right now, and I don't blame them for it. But fuck me this match is boring.