She's a Twitch streamer, he's a Twitch streamer, they're all Twitch streamers

5 minutes ago, metalman said:

oh well i'm on my easter holiday now so I guess I can do it soon if ppl would like that...

How are people going to get their cocaine and covid vaccines all on one truck. Also, did you get some gas and a repair in your off time?

No, I was so traumatised by how this finished that I haven't gone back to it since!

Also if people genuinely want me to do this again (still can't tell if this is a joke) is there a particular night you'd prefer? Classes have finished for Easter and my workload is relatively light apart from dissertation supervisions and marking so I can be pretty flexible...

• Like 2

Friday night was episode six of Boys from the Baltic Star. We scarper out of Ossin and jump through space to sunnier climes - the beautiful ocean world of Giikur with its' capital city built on seven mountains and its' hugely popular tourist attraction Earthpark.

It's almost a fresh start, so a good time to join us!

Www.twitch.tv/boysfromthebalticstar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick said:

So, how does one go about growing their stream?

Network. Make Youtube videos.

One of the biggest things that twitch streamers say is that discoverability on twitch is near impossible. You have to branch out. According to most people I've talked with, Youtube is great for discoverability so making youtube videos is a really good way to get your name out there. Twitter and other socials.

Also building relationships on twitch will also help. I know this kind of falls into network but hang out in people's streams. Make friends and shit.

YouTube content is kind of hard to keep up with when your coming from just starting out. I know a lot of people who started with YouTube content but ultimately, the time and effort spent on editing videos would be better spent going back into their streams and they either dropped it entirely or updated it infrequently. Content on Twitch is different than content on YouTube - and the audience is rarely the same too - so unless you've hit it really big (enough to probably have an editor or such) I don't know if it's going to grow you all that much unless the streams that you are doing are informational or something along those lines.

Networking is the thing essentially. A lot of the times in my communities, we got lucky because someone discovered a member through a raid, because they noticed they were playing a game that they loved, or through a recommendation and from there things would just kind of spiral. Raid people playing the same game that you are around the same channel size or a bit higher - that's how your going to find people at the start. You might get 99 followers that just pop that follow and never come back to your stream, but then the 100th might be someone who has an entire community around them that will bring 5 or more active community members to your stream and that makes them worth more than the 99 that came before them.

For anyone interested in D&D, I'm gonna be streaming talking about being a DM in just a few minutes. If that sounds boring to you and you'd rather watch Final Fantasy 10 be played by someone who maybe knows the game too well for a 30 year old adult, I'll be doing that a little bit later.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thepunkrockicon said:

For anyone interested in D&D, I'm gonna be streaming talking about being a DM in just a few minutes. If that sounds boring to you and you'd rather watch Final Fantasy 10 be played by someone who maybe knows the game too well for a 30 year old adult, I'll be doing that a little bit later.

Let me know when you go get Anima, I missed that in my playthrough in high school