Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

Ashley Young is having his Villa medical.

Regarding Ramos, there's talk he missed the deadline Madrid gave him to extend his contract, and he actually wanted to stay. No real sympathy for him though. He's got himself improved contracts in the past by stating he wants to leave. Wouldn't be surprised if he wanted even more to carry on.

Don't see Ramos coming to the Premier League, but surely for a season or 2 he wouldn't be a bad choice to bring it at Man United he will probably want a ridiculous salary feel like there's only a few teams in the Premier League would pay it

I believe he wants to end his career at Sevilla, not having the opportunity to do so in Madrid, which is what he would have wanted. However, he said Sevilla is not an option at the moment, which means there's still someone willing to give him a lot of money.

Newspapers mention it will be either the riches of europe (Manchester clubs, I don't see who else in England, maybe Chelsea? - doubt it - then PSG and less likely Milan or Bayern) or elsewhere, US/China/Qatar? . The latter isn't likely to happen - although it has been mentioned - because those would feel like the end of his career (yes, Ibra came back from the US but it's not so common) which would make it weird to then come back to play for Sevilla - still a strong team in La Liga - It's not like coming back to Valladolid.

Personally, I feel PSG is a strong possibility and I also feel he isn't worth more than that at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Bad News Jericode said:

Direct quote from him, for what it's worth.

I think maybe you were going to add a link or something... ?

Anyway, according to what's being said, Madrid gave him a 1 year contract. He said he wanted a 2 year contract, and didn't mind a pay cut. Madrid wouldn't give him a 2 year contract, so since Ramos didn't actually accept his 1-year contract before the deadline he's out.

This is pretty much official at this point.

Bit gutted over Daka, thought we may have looked to get him in especially given we are hopefully shipping off Origi and the likes of Minamino and Shaqiri could possibly leave too. 

9 hours ago, FLiam said:

Leicester signing Daka and Edouard is madness. 

Makes sense at the same time albeit I am very jealous of how they're going about their business. Got to start preparing for life without Vardy 

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Makes sense at the same time albeit I am very jealous of how they're going about their business. Got to start preparing for life without Vardy 

Totally, just the fact they’re getting them both is madness. Leicester are being run very well.