Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

If Norwich sell him and get £30m and invest £15-£20 in new players it’s really good business for them, they seem to know who they are and where they stand and I respect it

Sounds like the Dortmund Model wins again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lineker said:

That's odd, I've seen it reported locally that the sell-on clause is still active and that Getafe will be getting 25% of the total fee.

Losing him will be a big blow to Norwich, but Delia Smith and Stuart Webber have already said that buying new players isn't as feasible right now, so they kind of need the money to re-invest and have a hope of actually staying up.

Henrik Dalsgaard from Brentford to Matthew Benhams other club, Midtjylland. Confirmed by the latter on twitter.  Wouldnt be surprised to see a few back and forths between these two clubs. Former Celtic player Erik Schivachenko being one of the rumoured players

Yeah read that on the Guardian. On the one hand, it seems unlikely. But on the other, I’d have said the same about the Buendia link. From what I’ve heard, Southampton aren’t exactly flush with cash, so everyone in the squad has a price tag. But, whether JWP would want to move is another matter. With Conor Hourihane probably leaving, he’s be an incredible upgrade mind, would love to see it. 

Dean Smith is actually going to try out that 2-7-2 formation, just 90 degrees rotated.

• Haha 1

Just now, damshow said:

It's possible these Villa moves may be in advance of them losing Grealish now that I think about it.

At risk of saying something quotable by the end of the transfer window, I really don’t think that this is likely at all. 

I can't see Grealish going unless it was for stupid money. Would love to have him but the only teams I can see forking out the money would be the Manchester clubs. 

the Hakimi rumours are getting warm. PSG appear to have offered 60 million €. Chelsea have the same, but might be willing to throw either Emerson Palmieri or Andreas Christensen in the deal as well (both players contracts expire in 2022, Palmieri have a one year option clause in his)