Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I feel like Levy's pretty much anticipating that Harry Kane is a nice enough guy who will just accept his fate of being a Spurs player eventually if Levy refuses to entertain any transfer. I know that he's Harry Kane, one of the best strikers in the world, but: he wants to leave; he's at an age where City are buying him with no/low sell on value; he has a history of ankle problems; it's still a COVID transfer market.

I think expecting anything more than what City is offering right now is absolutely foolish, to the point of incompetence.

34 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

I feel like Levy's pretty much anticipating that Harry Kane is a nice enough guy who will just accept his fate of being a Spurs player eventually if Levy refuses to entertain any transfer. I know that he's Harry Kane, one of the best strikers in the world, but: he wants to leave; he's at an age where City are buying him with no/low sell on value; he has a history of ankle problems; it's still a COVID transfer market.

I think expecting anything more than what City is offering right now is absolutely foolish, to the point of incompetence.

Really? Kane is 27 years old so entering the prime of his career, his ankle injuries have never once kept him out long enough to contribute less than 24 goals in a season for Spurs, and he is easily one of the top 2-3 centre forwards on the planet. He's worth more than £100m easily if Spurs want to dig their heels in, which they clearly do.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

When does Haaland's contract end? Potentially they could just be waiting for that to expire and sign him on a free? It's only another couple of years, right?

Haaland's contract is through 2024 but there's a clause that essentially allows him to leave in 2022. It's why everyone is assuming that's the summer a big club goes for him.

It's also possibly why Kane is pushing this summer to leave for City. It gives him an immediate shot at trophies. But if he waits a year he's going to be option b with Haaland out there.

Apparently Neco Williams might be on his way out as he wants first team football. Supposedly Leeds, Southampton and Burnley all interested and Villa were initially prior to signing Young. 

I wouldn't be too disheartened as I think we could get a good fee for him and whilst I think he's a decent young player he's never stood out when in the first team (which albeit is probably hard when you're replacing Trent) Only thing would be it would obviously leave us short at backup for fullback and I wouldn't want us to rely on Gomez being backup there. 

5 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Apparently Neco Williams might be on his way out as he wants first team football. Supposedly Leeds, Southampton and Burnley all interested and Villa were initially prior to signing Young. 

I wouldn't be too disheartened as I think we could get a good fee for him and whilst I think he's a decent young player he's never stood out when in the first team (which albeit is probably hard when you're replacing Trent) Only thing would be it would obviously leave us short at backup for fullback and I wouldn't want us to rely on Gomez being backup there. 

And reports have already come out too that Gomez would be the primary back up, and there's another youth prospect we would use as well.