General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

8 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I feel like I would enjoy Mythic QUest.

Watch it! It’s a breeze, and super funny, and the episode GoGo and I mentioned really is just lovely.

On 16/04/2021 at 21:56, Ruki Returns said:

10 minutes in, I am enjoying it! Ashley Burch! 

Edit: 5 minutes into episode 2, Jo is a psycho and it's amazing.

Funny story, her brother hit on one of my friends by claiming he didn't know how to organize a charity stream. Which I find super hard to believe.

Doc & Bean are basically just a cautionary tale for the viewer on how fucked up things can potentially get for the main characters. I appreciate that the show didn't shoehorn them into the main show's storylines. Would I have loved to get more of them? Sure. But they served a purpose and did it very well. I was left wondering why Episode 5 existed until that one moment between Ian & Poppy, and their existence and that episode made that one little moment hit that much better.

Plus Episode 5 served as a nice midway point break from all the wackiness going on.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2021 at 08:37, RPS said:

I May Destroy You is really good. 

I May Destroy You is the best show I have seen since The Watchmen. Unexpected and thoughtful. It was such an interesting statement on trauma. The finale was fantastic. Everybody should watch it. It is 30 minute episodes and only 12 in total, so no excuses! 

• Like 1

Me and the hubby decided to get back into TV viewing. We both picked 3 shows each. We started off watching my show - I May Destroy You. Now we are on my hubbies show, which is It's A Sin, which is about HIV/AIDS in London in the 80s. It is a very interesting approach for a show. Anyone watching the show is likely going into the show knowing that it is about the HIV/AIDS crisis. But you are watching these shows about these pleasant young men and know the fate that may of them are going to face. I actually had to read spoilers to mentally prepare myself for several of the characters impending doom. 

• Like 5

Been watching a lot of BBC's This Is My House. Great light entertainment, as daft as it is. It's four people (three actors and one person who actually lives there) trying to convince a panel of UK celebrities/TV show hosts that they actually live at the house they're within. Maybe it's been brought up before, but it's fun!!

On 22/04/2021 at 13:46, RPS said:

Me and the hubby decided to get back into TV viewing. We both picked 3 shows each. We started off watching my show - I May Destroy You. Now we are on my hubbies show, which is It's A Sin, which is about HIV/AIDS in London in the 80s. It is a very interesting approach for a show. Anyone watching the show is likely going into the show knowing that it is about the HIV/AIDS crisis. But you are watching these shows about these pleasant young men and know the fate that may of them are going to face. I actually had to read spoilers to mentally prepare myself for several of the characters impending doom. 

It's so good, isn't it? British TV had a really exceptional 12 months. 

Speaking of, considering the whole country is talking about it, I've been catching up on Line of Duty and I've just finished Season 4. Can't believe you were are all telling the truth - it's so great. 

• Like 3