General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

2 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Finally started watching the US Office and once it gets out of the shadow of the UK version, it really is fantastic.

It's a phenomenal show and, along with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, is the sitcom I can happily sit down and watch again and again, whenever it is and it makes me happy.

• Like 1

Been watching Nancy Drew on The CW and I really like it.  Was a fan of the books as a kid and the show has some serious Supernatural vibes to it.  Interesting to see how the rest of S2 will go, since the first 5 episodes of S2 were basically the last 5 episodes of S1, because production was shut down due to COVID

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Finally started watching the US Office and once it gets out of the shadow of the UK version, it really is fantastic.

Yeah the first season is not memorable and it's just a basic remake of the UK version. Then they made Michael a bit less of a dick and more of an idiot and everything just clicked. By season 3 it was on a roll like few American sitcoms have ever been.

16 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Yeah the first season is not memorable and it's just a basic remake of the UK version. Then they made Michael a bit less of a dick and more of an idiot and everything just clicked. By season 3 it was on a roll like few American sitcoms have ever been.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 03:36, Liam Mk2 said:

I watch the US Office basically on a constant loop between other shows. Love the show. You also have 2 podcasts about it, one about the history hosted by Brian Baumgartner (Kevin in the show) and a weekly one called Office Ladies hosted by Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey (Pam and Angela) in which they talk about an Episode each week.

• Like 1

I attempted the US Office when it started and did find it a bit redundant (irony), but I've been meaning to give it another go for ages. Brilliantly my wife has never seen the UK one so we're now alternating the two on Netflix just to drive ourselves mad, looking forward to when the US one becomes it's own thing.

• Like 1

I love Superstore. Watched a few episodes in January, then left it for about a month and then have been watching a few episodes per day in the last couple weeks. I'm near the end of it now and I'm sad about it. Such a great show and when it's done, I'll need to find something to fill the void...

• Like 2

If you don't watch 9-1-1 and 9-1-1- Lone Star, you're missing out on some mighty good tv.

That said, I didn't care for the latest twist on Lone Star involving the Captain and his ex-wife.

4 hours ago, Owen said:

I love Superstore. Watched a few episodes in January, then left it for about a month and then have been watching a few episodes per day in the last couple weeks. I'm near the end of it now and I'm sad about it. Such a great show and when it's done, I'll need to find something to fill the void...

I just watched the last episode of the first season today and was pretty delighted by it, particularly given what's going on with the attempts to form an Amazon Warehouse union in Alabama right now.

• Like 1

I was just reading up about improv and I'm not sure what I'm thinking of, but I remembered an episode of a sitcom where, if I recall correctly, it was entirely improv? The show otherwise wasn't completely improvised as far as I know, and this was a special episode where it was all improvised and was somewhat non-canon? I just don't remember what show it was or even if I'm just completely imagining it. Does anyone have any idea what show I'm thinking of, as Google isn't much help?

33 minutes ago, Owen said:

I was just reading up about improv and I'm not sure what I'm thinking of, but I remembered an episode of a sitcom where, if I recall correctly, it was entirely improv? The show otherwise wasn't completely improvised as far as I know, and this was a special episode where it was all improvised and was somewhat non-canon? I just don't remember what show it was or even if I'm just completely imagining it. Does anyone have any idea what show I'm thinking of, as Google isn't much help?

The Drew Carey Show did it twice, though it wasn't full episodes and instead there would just be specific scenes that were improvised. I feel like I remember a more recent show doing it too but can't remember which one.

• Thanks 1

I've never watched The Drew Carey Show so that's not what I'm thinking of, but I'm starting to think I might be thinking of the Interdimensional Cable episodes of Rick and Morty? I'm not sure it was an animated show, though. I also thought of 30 Rock but I believe they just did a couple of live episodes, none that were all improvised.

I've never watched House of Lies but I might've seen that episode because I went through a stage of watching everything with Ben Schwartz in it because I love him.

• Like 2