FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

1 hour ago, Jacob deBusch said:

As much as I understand and appreciate what analytics are trying to do, I think the growing contingent online of people who treat them like gospel just makes discussing sports about as fun as doing your taxes.

There are baseball players out there I can see with my own eyes that they are very one-dimensional, yet you can't say it online without the calculator crew going "WELL ACTUALLY"

My team's friggin General Manager is a damn WELL ACTUALLY guy. :(

24 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Serbian turnaround!! 

I broke up with a girl for trying to give me one of those.

• Haha 5

So wild that a player I got to watch in the US second division in front of a crowd of like a thousand people a few years ago was just part of the backline that held Brazil to zero goals in the World Cup. Hell yeah, Nouhou.

• Like 4

All of a sudden, England labouring to a 0-0 bore draw with the USA doesn't look so bad.

Brazil lost to Cameroon, who are out. Argentina lost to Saudi Arabia, who are out. France lost to Tunisia, who are out. Spain lost to Japan. Portugal lost to Korea. Germany and Belgium are out themselves.

In fact, only England, Netherlands and Morocco reached 7 points. USA are one of the only other two unbeaten sides.

• Like 2