Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

I always forget about optical illusion caused by the two rows of advertising hoardings at the Etihad

I'm still fuming over Salah not getting a foul a whole one yard in front of the linesman earlier in the game. Because Salah just is allowed to get ragged everywhere apparently

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I'm still fuming over Salah not getting a foul a whole one yard in front of the linesman earlier in the game. Because Salah just is allowed to get ragged everywhere apparently

Salah committed the cardinal rule of football. He was fouled while being Mo Salah, therefore making it never a foul.

Seeing the goal back, it's so frustrating to see. Robbo presses so unnecessarily, and gets beat, but man, what was Virgil doing? He just watches Mahrez dribble right by him, no challenge. Have to foul him there if you're not going to stop him. Then he just ball watches! Leaves a giant gap that Alvarez scores from. He should be doing much, much better than that.

26 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Salah committed the cardinal rule of football. He was fouled while being Mo Salah, therefore making it never a foul.

It probably was, but it wasn't that clear cut and he gave up on the throw in, they get unpunished loads when it's on an attacking player.

I think the refs had a good game really considering he's being booed for some reason. Playing it sensibly, cards only when required.

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

It probably was, but it wasn't that clear cut and he gave up on the throw in, they get unpunished loads when it's on an attacking player.

I think the refs had a good game really considering he's being booed for some reason. Playing it sensibly, cards only when required.

Think they're booing because they'd argue Trent and Fabinho should be booked but you can in turn go with well Rodri should get a second yellow

The annoying thing about this game is we're making trouble for ourselves by under hitting passes and playing our way into a mess. I don't think we've been bad but it's annoying how it's avoidable. 

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

Think they're booing because they'd argue Trent and Fabinho should be booked but you can in turn go with well Rodri should get a second yellow

I'd disagree with all 3.

• Like 1

Liverpool conceding a goal that starts with a FB wildly out of position, then the rest of the defense being cut open like butter. I'd ask when we're going to learn, but we're not. 

At least this third goal was something different! 🤣🤦

The depressing thing about this, is I think it's highlighted a mentality thing that's been there a lot at times this season. It feels very much like they're heads have gone and just accepted a defeat.

Like it's going to be hard against City who fully deserve the two goal lead but past few years we'd still be up for it and try and find a way back in it. 

Think it's just another game that highlights that we've not reinforced in midfield and there's been a big drop off from last season and this summer is going to be vital

City definitely deserve this lead, fair play to them. Even without Haaland and Foden, with no Silva in the XI, they're just so much better than us. Especially this second half. Can't even get close to City.

We're just too old, too slow, too tired, too static, too out of position, too disorganized, etc. Just absolute shambles. 

That's 3 goals today that have started with a full back out of position. Either because they're pressing like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to get forward in attack when it's not needed, or just entirely clueless.

I'd like to say that Klopp, Trent, and Robbo will learn, but this has happened all season long. 

12 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

The depressing thing about this, is I think it's highlighted a mentality thing that's been there a lot at times this season. It feels very much like they're heads have gone and just accepted a defeat.

Just short on levels physically and mentally.

I thought they did well first half and went to get something to eat at half time.

I came back to see it was 3-1 and it just looked like they'd  run out of steam and belief.

On top of that Liverpool never seem to play well at 12.30 or just after an international break.