Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

Nobody disputed that. He just said it in such a cunty fashion that his firing was guaranteed. 

The issue is the players don’t seem to dispute it at all.

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Where did Michael Keane learn to do that.

Been watching the Jagielka derby goal over and over 

11 hours ago, Twist said:

I think Conte might have been right.

Maybe, but this was a performance haunted by Conte. Mostly, because we kept his fucking assistant on. 

However, Skipp and Sarr bossed it at the San Siro, in spite of Conte, who hadn't played all season. They haven't played together, in spite of Hoj's obvious fatigue / generally hiding when it matters. 

We brought on Lucas Moura, who has been unfit all year, who has been terrible for about 3, who Conte decided he'd rather have, than Bryan Gil, who finally played himself into some good form after Conte was forced to play him. 

Same shit tactics, same shit subs. It's of Conte's making - he called out the players, but he's virtually played the same 11 all year, there's no consequence for a bad performance and there's no reward for a good one - you'll actually get sent out on loan if you dare to be creative. 

Conte can gleefully claim he was right, and the players were really poor yesterday, but a lot of this is still of Conte's doing and it's fucking baffling that Daniel Levy got rid of Conte and left his loyal assistant in charge.

Edited by Jimmy

12 hours ago, Colly said:

Shit! Did you see that?!?

He must have a foot like a traction engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to presume that Levy always planned to just replace Conte in the summer, and isn't deviating from that. Conte has only gone because he outright said in public "Spurs are shit because of Levy" in essence. It isn't like Levy suddenly decided the season needed saving by replacing him.

Equally though, Spurs are desperately clinging onto 4th place and could even drop out of the European spots entirely if the final run in doesn't go their way. It's basically only the fact that they've played more games than anyone around them, and Man Utd have only gained one point in the last six weeks, that's keeping them in a Champions League spot.

According to the Sky Sports magic Opta probability thing Liverpool have the same likelihood as Spurs of making the Champions League. Carragher trying to understand the relegation ones was fun to watch.

19% if anyone cares.

55 minutes ago, Colly said:

According to the Sky Sports magic Opta probability thing Liverpool have the same likelihood as Spurs of making the Champions League. Carragher trying to understand the relegation ones was fun to watch.

19% if anyone cares.

Neither one is making the Champions League. Even with the shitty form United is in, they're still 8 points ahead of us. We're not making that up. Especially when we probably find a way to lose to Chelsea in a  "yay the manager is sacked" game, and then Arsenal too. 

21 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I do think Spurs can breathe a bit easy about making the Europa League at the least. Same with Newcastle and Man Utd. Liverpool will have their work cut out for them. I'm not really sure why Spurs and Liverpool have the same odds - is it to do with who is on their remaining fixtures?

I still cling to the slim hope that in the covid season two seasons ago, with no centre backs and our stupid injury record we somehow went from 9th to 3rd final game of the season and we may nick 4th. 

But I've resigned myself to scrapping for Europa Conference League. 

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:

1) As if Mrs Lineker will let me go; she's still fuming that I broke my ankle on the way to Madrid.

2) Spurs will fuck it against someone shite in the quarters anyway.

You'd never get accommodation in Dublin anyway. Its an overpriced nightmare of a city.