Sky Bet EFL 2022/23

Lineker

I'm happy Blackburn Rovers bounced back this weekend with a win over Norwich. Nice 2-0 win.

Hopefully we can get fitness and form back up. Both team's seemed rusty and after the defeat to Preston last weekend. I was concerned we would not get the win. Was going to happen though with the World Cup break. Be interesting to see how the Premier League will play out and if rust will be an issue once it starts up again. 

3rd place now. Not so bad. Will heat up coming into the Holiday/New Year. Just need to not keep dropping points like we do, or let form slide and drop down the league table for another year. 

Sunderland are 12th. Also with Rover's ex manager which feels weird in a way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice win for Argyle whilst not playing well - harsh on Cheltenham to not get something but I'll take it. Portsmouth continue to tank - at one stage they had a couple of games in hand and were just 6 or 7 points back. They now have 3 games but are a huge 20 points behind. No win in the League for them since October 22nd now.

• Like 1

Nice solid win for the Blades yesterday. A pity Egan got himself sent-off, but we'll have to deal with that. Hoping Burnley can drop some points in the ferw weeks. 

I guess 5th place isn't good enough for Norwich as Dean Smith has been sacked. I guess since there's no chance of automatic promotion and having to go up through playoffs isn't good enough? I'm just on the outside of the league looking in, but it seems like a harsh sacking

Norwich have been insipid lately, especially at home, with their last home win coming two months ago, and the last one prior to that 6 weeks before that too. The fans hate Smith's football and they possess neither defensive stability (17 conceded in last 12) nor attacking endeavour (just 14 scored), so I'm not too surprised.

Norwich's owners need to ask themselves some serious questions, however, about what kind of club they want to be going forward, because as proven by Smith, they can no longer rely on yo-yoing between the Prem and the Championship. They need something more sustainable.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm reading that Norwich have approached Steve Bruce to be Smith's replacement. Now that's a way to cheer fans up.

Ah, the reverse Aston Villa. Keep on that path and we’re a couple of managers away from Tim Sherwood getting a crack at it.

David Wagner is also being linked, which I'm sure Norwich fans will be thrilled about going off of the information you guys helped provide. Wagner made Big Sam look like Pep Guardiola at times with his attacking football, or complete lack thereof 

• Haha 1

Strange week. Sunderland win two on the trot. Blackburn lose both of them. One to my other team Sunderland. Tomorrow Blackburn have Cardiff and Sunderland travelling to Blackpool. Will be happy with a win for both of them. Wondering if this is where the form of Rover's always drop and away from the good positions in the league we fall.