UEFA Champions League 2022/23

Lineker

4 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I just like to think about how those wankers who wasted their time and money setting off 2am fireworks next to the RM team's hotel are feeling right now.

probably just made Madrid angrier tbh

Generally feeling a bit blasé about watching this game right now. I've seen a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti do well against a Liverpool team managed by Jürgen Klopp several times now. It happens at least once a season. He even managed it with Everton.

The guy just sort of has Klopp's number.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hobo said:

probably just made Madrid angrier tbh

Generally feeling a bit blasé about watching this game right now. I've seen a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti do well against a Liverpool team managed by Jürgen Klopp several times now. It happens at least once a season. He even managed it with Everton.

The guy just sort of has Klopp's number.

Same as all the other managers who's teams have beaten Liverpool this season?

• Sad 1

Just now, Rich said:

Same as all the other managers who's teams have beaten Liverpool this season?

He's probably helped lay the ground for that because his teams have generally done well against Klopp's Liverpool.

Weird one. 

All over them first 25, then Vini scored a screamer. Then the Alisson thing happened and it was disappointing to be level at half time. 

Then a daft free kick given away early on kinda killed it. Stats wise you'd think how's this 5-2 to them given its pretty even but...only thing that matters is the scoreline. Became a training exercise a bit for them by the end. 

Theres a lot the team can take from the match both positive/negative. 

Vini Jr is mustard. Such a good player to watch in the flesh. 

Ah well. I've seen us do more than some people will ever see their team do in their lifetime. Trolls gonna troll :)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

Weird one. 

All over them first 25, then Vini scored a screamer. Then the Alisson thing happened and it was disappointing to be level at half time. 

Then a daft free kick given away early on kinda killed it. Stats wise you'd think how's this 5-2 to them but second half the game was practically over. 

Ah well. I've seen us do more than some people will ever see their team do in their lifetime. Trolls gonna troll :)

Underlying numbers show it to be an even game, just Liverpool are defending very poorly.

But losing to a team who could have won the competition 15 times by the end of the season shouldn't be sniffed at. Going to the Bernebeau needing a result is never fun.

Just now, Rich said:

Underlying numbers show it to be an even game, just Liverpool are defending very poorly.

But losing to a team who could have won the competition 15 times by the end of the season shouldn't be sniffed at. Going to the Bernebeau needing a result is never fun.

My mate said it perfectly in the first half. It's what they do. It's why as you've said 15 times winner's. Last seasons final is the perfect example as well. They find a way to win and you cant count them out. Ancelotti is such a good manager and they've got a team of serial winners. 

Feels more of a kick in the teeth  given how well we played first half and especially the opening 25. 

Just one of them.

• Like 2

This is the first set of Champions League fixtures featuring four English sides where they've all failed to win since match day 4 of the group stage in the 2014/15 edition.

On that occasion, Liverpool also lost to Real Madrid, Aleksandar Mitrovic capped off a 30 minute comeback from 3-0 to score a 90th minute equaliser for Anderlecht against Arsenal, Man City lost to CSKA Moscow in Manchester and Chelsea drew 1-1 away at Maribor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FestiveJack said:

This is the first set of Champions League fixtures featuring four English sides where they've all failed to win since match day 4 of the group stage in the 2014/15 edition.

On that occasion, Liverpool also lost to Real Madrid, Aleksandar Mitrovic capped off a 30 minute comeback from 3-0 to score a 90th minute equaliser for Anderlecht against Arsenal, Man City lost to CSKA Moscow in Manchester and Chelsea drew 1-1 away at Maribor.

Was at that game as well :(

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a dullard but all smoke, flares and similar should be kept the fuck out of football grounds. This yellow mist is at best tedious and at worst a health/safety risk.

Also it's going to take me ages to get used to saying 'Jwow Fellix'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/02/2023 at 21:56, stokeriño said:

Absolutely flabbergasted that Chelsea didn't score in that game.

Tonight is shaping up to be another one of these...

OR NOT, RAHEEM STERLING!!

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Call me a dullard but all smoke, flares and similar should be kept the fuck out of football grounds. This yellow mist is at best tedious and at worst a health/safety risk.

Also it's going to take me ages to get used to saying 'Jwow Fellix'.

Aside from the fact the smoke things fucking stink, I know one person who's been burned by a flare. Fucking absurd that they've suddenly become acceptable football "culture".

• Like 1

Just watching the post match deconstruction of the handball with Rio as usual chuntering on about the ref having never played football and defensive players being unable to defend properly now. Literally no mention of the fact the reason he handles it is because he's turning his back, which is a fucking basic bit of bad defending.

And this whinge about infringement is ludicrous. Rio's proposing absurd rule changes and whinging about how it was different in his day, which it fucking wasn't. I often forget I have BT Sport, and I'm glad of it most of the time.

• Haha 1