UEFA Champions League 2022/23

Lineker

Can't argue. They're a different beast when it comes to European football. 

The final ball just wasn't there and without Alisson it could have been more to them. We played well to an extent but just not enough quality. 

They need to use this as motivation for the rest of the season if them as players wanna play Champions League next season. It's still doable. 

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Real Madrid have their world club cup winners badge right over the manufacturer's logo on their kit.

It looks weird.

Also this. Who decided that made the most sense?!

35 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Also this. Who decided that made the most sense?!

I'm going to bet it wasn't a graphic designer anyway

as for the football, meh? it was never going to be a big dramatic comeback in the away leg. If Liverpool do end up in the Europa League next season at least it'll mean less chance of encountering Carlo Ancelotti or Real Madrid for the billionth time. :shifty:

6 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Napoli do feel like, barring any major injuries, they should reach the final with relative ease.

and lose to Real Madrid

• 4 weeks later...

Right, [grabs alcohol] this is either going to be a miracle or a humiliation that I will strive to find hilarious.

I am drinking the old cider from my fridge that says Best Before 2021 as a tribute to Mason Mount.

• Like 3

A small part of my brain is somehow annoyed that we're still 'in the game' (mathematically, rather than spiritually). I think it's the part of my brain that resents hope.

I'm going to have to shush it with more alcohol.

Look on the plus side.  The way the leagues gone neither of us will have to worry about playing Madrid in Europe next season. 

9 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Interesting lineup tonight @stokeriño

Chelsea 4D chess: "We're incapable of progressing the ball beyond the midfield, but if we play all midfielders then we'll reach their goal by default."

Admittedly, Gallagher did score our only goal in the last 5 games. Clearly he's being played at striker on merit.

21 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

No one's stopping Real Madrid from repeating this year.

Can't believe I'm actively rooting for a club currently involved in a "no you were the fascist dictator's favourite club" slap fight with Barcelona as the only team capable of stopping City.