General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

7 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Good effort on the not-murder. Murder is surprisingly hard to avoid. :lol:  You know you have to answer six consecutive dialogue options perfectly to manage that?

Was it thr exact ones? I admit, I started following a guide for the true ending once December hit.

Pretty sure only one option is 'correct' in each step, yeah.

You should be in the clear now re: True Ending until March 20th.

Edit: Oh, wait. I forgot about December 5th. :shifty: 

• Like 1

don't forget how Persona 3 you can also summon Jesus.

I've never gotten to high enough levels in Persona games to make Messiah. 

Also, just about done with Persona 4 Golden, I think. Just finished the final exams and about to go on the ski trip. Managed to get all the main cast (minus Yosuke, who was 7 or 8 ) to max social link. Plus the sports club, Fox, Margaret, Dojima and Nanako and Marie. I think this is the most 'max level' social links I've had.

But also, I'm ready for news on Persona 6 now. 

• Like 1

There's a Playstation show this month? Yay!

Also, tried Cassette Beasts, thought it would be right up my alley, but it didn't click for me. The 'run' button only allows you to run for like 1 second, and if you run out of energy, you stop moving for a moment, I don't feel like the 'chill' music fit the vibe, and the way that the monster types interacted was interesting, but odd (if you use fire on a plastic type, it turns it into a poison type. And if you use poison against a fire type, it gives them more action points?). Which is too bad, the visual design was pretty cool. Oh well! There's Fuga 2 coming out on Wednesday and Zelda on Friday!

45 minutes ago, Ruki said:

There's a Playstation show this month? Yay!

That one hasn't been confirmed yet, but several people with good track records have said that it's slated for that particular week. The common rumour is that Konami will have some things to reveal.

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

That one hasn't been confirmed yet, but several people with good track records have said that it's slated for that particular week. The common rumour is that Konami will have some things to reveal.

Moar suikoden plz

• Like 3

The remasters are coming to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. I think I'll pick it up on Switch. I've played both 1 and 2 a long, long time ago but never finished them as I could only ever find them to rent and not buy. From what I remember I really liked them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JasonM said:

Suikoden 2 on modern systems would make me a very happy chappy

2 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

The remasters are coming to PS4, Xbox One and Switch. I think I'll pick it up on Switch. I've played both 1 and 2 a long, long time ago but never finished them as I could only ever find them to rent and not buy. From what I remember I really liked them.

And steam as well!

And yes, they are excellent games! One of my favorite series of all time. I was the same growing up @RazorsEdge until I was able to ebay the games haha.

3 and 5 are extremely good too, 4 was a miss in many people's eyes but I liked it myself. 

• Like 2

Good times. 

I know we still had a core group that hung around for a while but I remember launch day there must have been like 10-20 of us all on in free roam going crazy.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Good times. 

I know we still had a core group that hung around for a while but I remember launch day there must have been like 10-20 of us all on in free roam going crazy.

It was! Sadly, by the time GTA5 came out, we were never able to re-ignite that spark. I know @Maxx was excited to be the first one to kill me in 5. 

19 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It was! Sadly, by the time GTA5 came out, we were never able to re-ignite that spark. I know @Maxx was excited to be the first one to kill me in 5. 

I believe Ellis and I destroyed your car and then took selfies in front of the fiery wreckage.

• Haha 1