Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Press the little orange face-looking button on your main screen. There will be a code there. It's how you make friends. Friend Safari is an endgame thing that replaces the old Safari Zone and lets you catch mons that aren't available anywhere else in the game.

New info for the new games! Spoilered for spoilers, obviously.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.
Images on Serebii.net, where this passage is taken from. Mega Sceptile looks awesome, Mega Swampert looks like he's just on roids, Mega Diancie just gets more jewels. Primal Groudon/Kyogre look how they do on the game boxes.
Team Aqua look great, Team Magma look average.
Steven Stone is back!

I've only seen them in Showdown but I don't really like Mega Evolutions. A temporary evolution feels like a Digimon thing not Pokemon.

They're great in the game. One interesting thing about them is that you can only do it once per battle, so you can't just go out there with a team of MEGASTONEGUYS and expect to wreck up the place; a decision to bring in Mega Mawile is a decision NOT to bring in Mega Blastoise (and a good one because Mega Mawile fucking rules).

And Plubby, the reason your Friend Safari is great is that neither Tangela nor Sawsbuck can be found elsewhere in the game. If your third is Maractus (can't tell until you beat the game) then you have my favorite Friend Safari ever. Also I need to play at the same time as you so I can get a Sawsbuck with Serene Grace because Serene Grace is awesome.

Roberman has Ground type! Camerupt! :w00t: ...Wooper! :mellow:

I'm going to leave mine connected to the Interwebs for a bit so if you guys want Hidden Abilities go for it. Sunkern has Early Bird, Quilladin has Bulletproof, Ivysaur has Chlorophyll.

Wooper is just super easy to get. Quagsire is everywhere in this game. I like mons that I can't get elsewhere or mons with cool Hidden Abilities (still hoping for a Scrappy Pancham).

To reiterate a point I made on Facebook a few months back, Pokemon really needs an I Am An Old Man And Have Not Been Playing These Games Forever Kid So Maybe Make Me A Reasonable Offer Because I Don't Give A Shit About Your Fucking Shiny Reshiram Or Whateverfuck Mode. I'm tired of these random kids grabbing me and wanting a trade and so I'm like "okay here's this thing that's only in the friend safari" and they're all "NOPE GIMME FIFTY-SIX DEOXYSESESISES."

I JUST WANT TO INTERACT ENOUGH TO ADD YOU ON FRIEND SAFARI DUDE I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING LUGIA