Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Man, how Meowth didn't get that dark switch in gen two has confused me since dark types were introduced. Really happy to hear that.

I think my main issue with this is that it kind of renders Purrloin and Liepard a bit useless, relatively speaking.

• Like 1

Spoiler

TBF Purrloin and Liepard were already useless :shifty:

Also, one thing that is irking me - why is Kanto getting all the love with these Alolan forms? I get that there's a section of fandom that is absurdly wrong and says "ONLY GEN WUN COUNTS", but I'd expect some spread to other regional 'Mons.

20 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

TBF Purrloin and Liepard were already useless :shifty:

Also, one thing that is irking me - why is Kanto getting all the love with these Alolan forms? I get that there's a section of fandom that is absurdly wrong and says "ONLY GEN WUN COUNTS", but I'd expect some spread to other regional 'Mons.

I really hope we get Alolan Gen 2 starters, or some love towards them anyway. I dunno why, but I've always felt like those three were always much more tropical than any others (well, okay, maybe only Meganium and Feraligatr, but still).

• Like 1

Spoiler

Thought for the sandcastle - it's ground/ghost, so what if it has arena trap? That basically makes it a variant on Dugtrio/Gengar. Maybe make its second ability Water Absorb (being a sand castle and all), meaning a ground type that heals from water?

2 hours ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

Thought for the sandcastle - it's ground/ghost, so what if it has arena trap? That basically makes it a variant on Dugtrio/Gengar. Maybe make its second ability Water Absorb (being a sand castle and all), meaning a ground type that heals from water?

Ehhh. That would be handy for it, but Golurk is a good example of Ghost/Ground not really being much use for anything unfortunately.

Spoiler

But Golurk doesn't have arena trap, that's why it isn't useful. Shadow Tag and Arena Trap are two of the things that can make Dugtrio and Gengar significantly better. If it had arena trap it could be very useful against both electric and fighting types.

A future update to Go (being tested now) is apparently going to replace tracking with "sightings" (the text for this is already in the game), where instead of footsteps it will show the Poké Stop nearest to the respective Pokémon.

It sounds fine for city/town play but anywhere where Poké Stops are limited will be frustrating.

On an unrelated note it's my 30th birthday tomorrow (<_<) and my friends have organised a dinner for me at a local Italian restaurant, partly because I love Italian food but they chose this specific one for me because it's a Poké Stop.