PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Apparently Gyms will be replaced by having your character trespass inside a local churchyard to find the gym, before tapping the 3DS screen a thousand times until your opponents are downed. At which point you win nothing until you've done it five more times.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Benji said:
  Hide contents

I can't view the video but eurgh, what? What is replacing them? Gyms are great and an institution.

Seems like it's going to be a "trial" on each island, then you have to face a "Totem Pokémon" at the end, who can effectively call out helpers and make it a handicap battle it seems. Then, you face the leader of the island. Once you've beaten all four island, you've "proven yourself".

So either that's the entire thing, or this is just a very big early-game plot. I'd like it to be the second and honestly, wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case: so far, the four islands seem to represent Fire/Water/Grass/Electric. With the Ice-Alola types and then the bird having other type forms, I wonder if there's some other smaller type-based islands which make up the gyms?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:
Spoiler

Then, you face the leader of the island

Spoiler

So it's just basically like the Orange Islands in the anime, but there are actual gym leaders you face in battle too, they're just not called gym leaders or gyms? I suppose that's okay, it makes some sense since gyms already had puzzle trials.

Either that or there are still gyms and this is just the "secondary" game like contests or whatever.

Spoiler

Oh shit, just saw the rest of the forms, ice Sandshrew/Sandslash looks dope. Hopefully they're taking the complaints about a lack of ice type variance and power seriously.

Also, a lot of these leaks seem to match some Chinese leaks a while back which also stated the fire starter would be fire fighting ( :( ) but that it's a FIRE-TYPE WRESTLING CAT ( :D ) and that Arcanine would have an alternate water form... (  :D )

The full list of those rumours:

Spoiler
  • There actually are No Gyms
  • There is more than one evolution for Rockruff including a Werewolf
  • Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy
  • Time works differently in each version
  • There are new forms of old Pokemon which are not Mega Evolutions but more along the line of Shellos/Wordam. Another chunk of information suggests that these are a few Pokemon that'll get new forms... Butterfree (Bug/Psychic), Rattata line (Dark), Nidoqueen/Nidoking (Poison/Fighting), Ninetails (Fire/Fairy), Growlithe line (Water), Abra line (Fighting), Duduo line (Fighting/Flying)
  • Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats
  • The stone bracelets have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution
  • Ash-Greninja is in the game
  • S.S Anne appears in the game
  • Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen
  • Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances
  • Furfrou's hair cut can be changes in the new Amie
  • Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Mentions the Abra line)
  • Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon
  • There is a flying type bird whose appearance varies each island
  • There is a 2 stage cat Pokemon that is Normal when captures but will inherit the fathers primary type as its 2nd type when hatched and the color/pattern varies by type
  • There is a Snowman like mentioned in the Chinese rumor and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stager and it is an Ice/Ghost 2 stage

• Like 1

JUST WHEN I THINK I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, MASUDA CHANGES THE QUESTIONS!

Holy shit, the Alola versions of the Ninetales/Sandslash line are amazing and I want them now. WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO EXEGGUTOR THOUGH?

Oricorio looks really unique, and his Ability is pretty great too. Given how frequently Swords and Quiver Dance get used, that's a pretty sweet way to give it a buff. I wonder if it works in doubles if your partner uses the move? Different types for each form and their signature move matches the type and get's STAB no matter what. Amazing. Stats be damned, I love it.

What is up with Minior and those four different coloured cores? Guessing it's a different colour based on each island, but I wonder f it's anything more than aesthetic given Oricorio's gimmick.

Gumshoos is up there with my favourite names for a Pokemon ever.

Solat Blade looks to be an awesome move. Wonder what the BP and effect will be.

RIDING POKEMON! YES YES YES YES YES!

A change of the gym leader style is very welcome, that formula has been in desperate need of a shake up for ages now.

WHAT ARE THESE TOTEM POKEMON!?

OH MY GOD THE Z-MOVES!

Can it be November 18th yet?

• Like 1

I lost all my Pokemon Go progress after the last update and had to start again :(

On the plus side, I've finally got some momentum going on my Pokemon X game, went from two badges on Sunday to six of them. I'd "forgotten" how much fun the main games could be from not playing for a while.

Spoiler

I heard Vulpix/Ninetails had another form and thought "oh, cool, fire/ice", I'm a tad weirded by just removing the fire altogether, but I suppose it makes sense since it's an arctic fox. Hope it's typing with fairy means standard Ninetails is turning fire/fairy too.

Oh, and also, if Marowak does turn out to have a fire typing and has a flaming skull, I'm totally naming him "Cage" after our Ghost Riding Lord and Saviour (hi @GA!!).