Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

17 hours ago, stokeriño said:

I sense that my interest in this game will be over within in a week if every trip to the shops and back continues to elicit nothing more interesting than more Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles (OH HEY AND ONE CATERPIE HOW EXOTIC).

Thats how I feel.  Its interesting now, but unless I start seeing more varied Pokemon in my area, I'll drop it.  I don't have a car, and its a 5-6 mile walk to town.  I'm not gonna do that on my days off just to find Pokemon...

OH HEY AN EEVEE IN MY FRONT YARD!!!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned on my phone in bed this morning and was immediately presented with an Eevee and Gastly to capture. I strongly suspect that this was an intentional move by the game to prolong my interest for another day (during which it can take pleasure in dicking about with me some more).

• Like 2

How do people find Pokemon in buildings?  Even if I have my wifi on and connect to it, once I go in a building i get "GPS signal lost" and nothing happens

1 hour ago, Lint said:

How do people find Pokemon in buildings?  Even if I have my wifi on and connect to it, once I go in a building i get "GPS signal lost" and nothing happens

I'd imagine not losing GPS signal might help :shifty:

Someone earlier mentioned that turning Wi-Fi off actually helped. Not sure if it'll do the trick for you but worth a shot if you haven't already.

Me, I think. 

She sent me down to the corner of the street the other day because one popped up, but I kept getting signal lost messages and it refused to work. Since then, switching the wifi off and changing to data has done the trick. 

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'd imagine not losing GPS signal might help :shifty:

Someone earlier mentioned that turning Wi-Fi off actually helped. Not sure if it'll do the trick for you but worth a shot if you haven't already.

Strangely I hadn't been able to connect at all all day at work when I had WiFi turned off, it just sat on the loading screen. Soon as I turned it back on, not connected just on, it loaded fine.

My office is a Pokestop. This makes things very interesting, especially when someone nobody knows puts down lure after lure for about 2 hours.

8 minutes ago, Executive Kaney said:

Strangely I hadn't been able to connect at all all day at work when I had WiFi turned off, it just sat on the loading screen. Soon as I turned it back on, not connected just on, it loaded fine.

When was that? The servers were very patchy for most of the day yesterday. 

Anyone else experiencing crash issues? It seems to crash on Baddarina a lot, especially when you're in the process of catching one. It seems to be more common if they put up a fight.

She found, and was about to catch, a Dratini yesterday, but it froze whilst in the ball and registered that she'd seen it, but failed to catch it.

From what I read, if it freezes when the Pokemon was actually caught but it just stays on the Pokeball, if you wait a minute for the white Pokeball loading icon thing to happen again that's when it actually saves the Pokemon being caught and you can restart the app.

8 minutes ago, Vitamin E said:

From what I read, if it freezes when the Pokemon was actually caught but it just stays on the Pokeball, if you wait a minute for the white Pokeball loading icon thing to happen again that's when it actually saves the Pokemon being caught and you can restart the app.

She's hitting force stop pretty soon after it freezes so maybe that's why she isn't getting it?

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

She's hitting force stop pretty soon after it freezes so maybe that's why she isn't getting it?

It could be. Once it freezes usually there's the servers Pokeball icon that appears, then in another 30 seconds or so it pops up again. I think restarting after that second time will secure the Pokemon as caught when you open it up again, but I'm not 100% certain if I've actually checked when it's happened to me. Still, it's worth a shot.

The servers in general are pretty shitty today.  Crashed several times. You may get lucky that it's registered but most of the time today it seems it won't :(

Just went around town and had lots of server issues, even now at home with full WiFi I can't do much.

Also it does seem like hatched Pokémon are much stronger than caught ones if people are looking to find the best ones. I just hatched a 364 CP Psyduck for example, the only other one I've found was 120 CP in the wild.