Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not super interested in it personally, but I think it would be fun to play with my nephew. Take a day off from work and just walk around the city looking for Pokemon with him. Would be fun. 

Went into town for some shopping and pokemon hunting. Caught quite a lot and levelled up a bit. 

In terms of pokestops cities are great but for gyms unless you have a group of people attacking a gym you are gonna struggle. I saw a gym with 6 pokemon in it and they were all 1000cp plus. How the fuck are you meant to get that gym?

Not sure I'm gonna be super into this myself in terms of actually playing it. The way it's exploded online is kind of fascinating but I dunno about walking around everywhere, running my phone bill up the arse with all the data use. Still, actually caught some stuff today so have something other than Charmander. Caterpie, Drozee (x2) and a Poliwag because the game inexplicably thought I was by a river.

15 hours ago, Baddar said:

Have you switched off your WiFi entirely when you do leave the house? That helps, apparently.

This is a big issue people have, especially when playing indoors in shopping malls.

38 minutes ago, SlicedBread said:

Funny you mention that, I think there was a phone company (pretty sure it was T-Mobile) that is exempting Pokémon Go from the data cap.

This thing is really taking a life of it's own.

And, yeah, it's T-Mobile doing it in the US.

1 hour ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

Not sure I'm gonna be super into this myself in terms of actually playing it. The way it's exploded online is kind of fascinating but I dunno about walking around everywhere, running my phone bill up the arse with all the data use. Still, actually caught some stuff today so have something other than Charmander. Caterpie, Drozee (x2) and a Poliwag because the game inexplicably thought I was by a river.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. It's an interesting concept but I think the novelty will wear off quickly.

I sense that my interest in this game will be over within in a week if every trip to the shops and back continues to elicit nothing more interesting than more Pidgeys, Rattatas and Weedles (OH HEY AND ONE CATERPIE HOW EXOTIC).

• Like 1

Yeah, at this point I think I have close to or more than 100 candies for each of those three. Really the majority of the time I see something new in that list on the bottom right is if I'm at work and can't really go around walking outside to find them. If they introduce trading and just battling with people via a "Nearby Players" sort of list, it would be a bit more fun.

The devs have said they're working on addressing that so there's more variety in areas. 

They also said that expect Gen 2 Pokemon to be implemented around December. Also with trading and 1v1 player battles to be added between now and then, whenever they're satisfied with the servers I guess.