Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of being surrounded by ~CP200 Pidgeys and Rattatas who are an unnecessary pain to capture when all I want to do is farm their evolutions for XP... 

In other words: when I'm grinding up vermin for delicious candy, I want them to be weak and feeble!

• Like 4

I don't play the game, but happily go on walks with Baddarina because I'm a top guy. There was a hilarious moment yesterday, mind. We were sitting down near the local council offices, which has two nearby stops and because of the benches scattered around, quite a few people gather there to play. It was us and two other groups, and after 10mins or so this hard looking chap (looked a bit like Gazz I guess in build/beard, only hard) came and sat back to back with the guys on the bench over from us. He had his phone out but it wasn't clear that he was playing the game. A few minutes passed, then he leaned over the shoulder of two lads and whispered "yo guys, any Eevee's around here?". Confirmed that he was playing, and had me chuckling for a good few minutes. It was like he was asking for drugs with how secretive he was, but noooope, just badly wanted an Eevee.

• Like 2

So I've just acquired both Pokemon Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby. As someone who isn't at all up to date with recent Pokemon games (last I played was Crystal? Maybe?), is there one I should start with over the other?

I intend on playing both at some point when I've finished replaying yellow. Leaning towards Y first simply because it's older,  but is there any reason to play Ruby first?

I'd say start with Ruby. It's an update of what was chronologically in the series, plus it's got a way to access most of the legendaries. I think X/Y is the better game in general, but Ruby is probably a better intro and the story is more interesting.

• Like 1

Go to a cemetery. I know someone who caught a ton of Pokemon at one. Seriously. He also lives near a church (one without a cemetery), so Poke-stops are rather convenient for him.

And I'm sick of getting Pokemon videos popping up under Recommended on Youtube. I haven't played a Pokemon game since either Silver or the Game Boy Color version of the card game. Whichever came out later. I want `fuck Pokemon', `fuck Dragonball Z (and all the later stuff)' and `fuck Naruto' buttons on Youtube. 

23 hours ago, Whisper said:

So I've just acquired both Pokemon Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby. As someone who isn't at all up to date with recent Pokemon games (last I played was Crystal? Maybe?), is there one I should start with over the other?

I intend on playing both at some point when I've finished replaying yellow. Leaning towards Y first simply because it's older,  but is there any reason to play Ruby first?

With me I got Alpha Sapphire with my console and picked up Pokemon Y after finishing Sapphire and zoned out 2/3 through. the ORAS games I would argue are better overall but I'd suggest giving Y a go first.

Talking about Pokemon Yellow I caught Mewtwo the other night...wait a minute I mean two Mews.