Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

Because there is a hawk luchadore Pokémon and it is my most favourite thing in all Pokémon, that somehow surpassed my decade and a half love for Charizard.

Go on...

Also, which game?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/4/44/701Hawlucha.png/250px-701Hawlucha.png

This is Hawlucha. It is the clutchest Pokémon that ever clutched. I like dabbling in competitive battling, and despite using a lot of Pokémon that are in the top tier, Hawlucha (which is in a lower tier) is arguably my most important Pokémon and has saved me more than I can count. It knows fighting moves and flying moves, a combo that makes it lethal to a lot of 'Mons. In fact, those two types of attack alone are super effective against eight of eighteen Pokémon types (many of which are the most common around), and two of its weaknesses are covered by its attacking moves. Add to that it has a dope ability called "Unburden" - basically when it uses it's held item, it's already impressive speed doubles, making this luchadore's speed stat something that makes even AJ Styles' and Christopher Daniels' EWR speed stats combined look pathetic.

Add to that, its best move set - Swords Dance, Substitute, High Jump Kick and Acrobatics, can all be learned either through level up or TM, meaning you don't even need to get into the headache of breeding to get its best moves, and it becomes just as beastly and not at all a problem to raise in the regular game. So ignoring competitive battling, it's still awesome.

It is found in X/Y, which has probably some of the coolest Pokémon since the first generation too.

Besides that, it's a freaking luchadore Pokémon, and just in case one wasn't enough, in ORAS exclusively you can get Pikachu Libre:

6029-Shiny-Pikachu-Libre.png

LUCHA LIBRE POKÉMON TAG TEAM, MOTHER FUCKERS.

Honestly though, with SuMo just three months away, if I were you I'd get a 3DS with a Mario game or something you know you can always pick up, and wait for that. Best to enjoy Pokémon when it's in the middle of that new game wave, and probably go back to older ones if you enjoy it. They frustratingly never go down in price, so you're not going to lose anything.

• Like 2

treat me like I haven't played a game since Gold/Silver :shifty:

With the new handheld consoles can you trade online and/or battle on line, I used to get frustrated that I would have to trade with only my buddies to try and complete more of the pokedex due to the two games with exclusive Pokemon (eg Meowth only been in Blue and what not).

Is the game play pretty similar?  What are the best improvements in game play?

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

With the new handheld consoles can you trade online and/or battle on line, I used to get frustrated that I would have to trade with only my buddies to try and complete more of the pokedex due to the two games with exclusive Pokemon (eg Meowth only been in Blue and what not).

Yes, and I can breed any Pokémon that can be bred for you since I have them all, so if there's one not available in your game or not available early enough, let me know and I can breed it for you.

Is the game play pretty similar?  What are the best improvements in game play?

The biggest change is probably not even noticeable to your average player, and that is that moves are no longer "special" or "physical" by type, but by individual move (for example, "Fire Punch" used to be a move that took its power from your Special Attack because Fire-types were special based moved, but now "Fire Punch" uses your regular Attack, because it is a punch of fire and so it involved 'Mon on 'Mon hitting). But I honestly doubt you even paid that much attention to it back in the day, as it's one of those mechanics that isn't mentioned in the game.

Probably the biggest change recently is the introduction of the "Fairy" type and Mega Evolutions, which introduced a lot of 'Mons and changed the typing of several Mons you know.

Honestly though, not much has actually changed, it's just been added on to. The core of Pokémon gameplay remains - starter Pokémon, catch Pokémon, 8 gyms, Elite 4, Champion, evil Teams, rivals are all still there, there's just different Pokémon and new places to explore. Some are cooler than classic ones you know, some aren't as cool, but that's the fun, they can't all be luchadore hawks, some have to be Ice Cream and some have to be Eggs, some have to be Pikachu clones and some get even better evolutions than they badasses they already had, some get to be useless the God/creator of the Pokémon universe (those last two links are the right way round, you all know it's true).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yes, and I can breed any Pokémon that can be bred for you since I have them all, so if there's one not available in your game or not available early enough, let me know and I can breed it for you.

The biggest change is probably not even noticeable to your average player, and that is that moves are no longer "special" or "physical" by type, but by individual move (for example, "Fire Punch" used to be a move that took its power from your Special Attack because Fire-types were special based moved, but now "Fire Punch" uses your regular Attack, because it is a punch of fire and so it involved 'Mon on 'Mon hitting). But I honestly doubt you even paid that much attention to it back in the day, as it's one of those mechanics that isn't mentioned in the game.

Probably the biggest change recently is the introduction of the "Fairy" type and Mega Evolutions, which introduced a lot of 'Mons and changed the typing of several Mons you know.

Honestly though, not much has actually changed, it's just been added on to. The core of Pokémon gameplay remains - starter Pokémon, catch Pokémon, 8 gyms, Elite 4, Champion, evil Teams, rivals are all still there, there's just different Pokémon and new places to explore. Some are cooler than classic ones you know, some aren't as cool, but that's the fun, they can't all be luchadore hawks, some have to be Ice Cream and some have to be Eggs, some have to be Pikachu clones and some get even better evolutions than they badasses they already had, some get to be useless the God/creator of the Pokémon universe (those last two links are the right way round, you all know it's true).

None of this si topping me from wanting to spend my money Benji :angry:

Spoiler

:wub:

Long shot, but anyone got a pokéball pattern Vivillon they don't mind parting with? I can offer some good stuff in return. And sex. And my unending love?

I'm so excited for Sun and Moon, I'll be getting Sun on day one. I've recently (as in, over the past six years) played through LeafGreen (which is what my old diary was based from), Heart Gold, Emerald, Colosseum, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black 2, Alpha Sapphire, X and now I'm playing Yellow for the first time. I'm also level 20 in Pokémon Go despite being busy as Hades recently, so I'm pretty chuffed about that. Team Mystic 4 lyfe.

Kinda glad I stopped diary writing for my games, or I'd never have finished them all. ;p

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

Long shot, but anyone got a pokéball pattern Vivillon they don't mind parting with? I can offer some good stuff in return. And sex. And my unending love?

I'm so excited for Sun and Moon, I'll be getting Sun on day one. I've recently (as in, over the past six years) played through LeafGreen (which is what my old diary was based from), Heart Gold, Emerald, Colosseum, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black 2, Alpha Sapphire, X and now I'm playing Yellow for the first time. I'm also level 20 in Pokémon Go despite being busy as Hades recently, so I'm pretty chuffed about that. Team Mystic 4 lyfe.

Kinda glad I stopped diary writing for my games, or I'd never have finished them all. ;p

No, write another diary!

1 hour ago, Benji said:

So does its shell ability only work on other Shell 'Mons? Cause if so that is awful, a fire type whose special only works on Pokémon who have shells when most who have shells are water types >_>

Shellmons? I thought we left the digimon discussion 10 pages or so back >_>

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

That is a Pokemon that I like.

That said, I hate that they reveal loads of Pokemon before the game comes out. I get the starters and then whatevers on the box but take away so much fun of discovering new ones for the first time.

19 hours ago, apsham said:

Holy fuck, did he finally get rid of the high pitched voice and stuff?

I don't think he has stopped, he just doesnt use it on his channel, it's a way to separate his goomba character from himself.

EDIT

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1