The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Wait, wait, wait... what?

If I pre-order the new Banjo game I can play the motherfucking original on my 360!? I am IN.

It's like the Fable 2 Pup Games. The original Banjo-Kazooie will be released on the Marketplace this fall, probably for 800 points, but if you pre-order, you'll get a download card from wherever you pre-ordered with a code to download the game for free.

Edited by abundant

Speaking of Pub games, got up to 5 star rank last night, and I have won all the Card and spinner tourny/items, and I have about 20-30k in the bank. I'M READY FOR YOU FABLE 2!

Also, fuck Keystone. That game is LOOOOOOOOOONG.

Is there any decent shooters coming out soon? Don't tell me Gears of War, because that shit is going to suck. I've been playing COD4 for so long that I'm hearing the sound effects in my dreams now.

Is there any decent shooters coming out soon? Don't tell me Gears of War, because that shit is going to suck. I've been playing COD4 for so long that I'm hearing the sound effects in my dreams now.

Nothing until the fall. Brothers in Arms comes out at the end of September, Far Cry 2 comes out at the end of October, and the next Call of Duty comes out in November.

Always glad to add an Aussie, I haven't been on COD in awhile but did they fix the servers so that Un-Americans could get a game with decent ping in under an hour?

Instead of Bumping a 3 page old thread, I'd like to say that most events in the Olympics game can go fuck themselves, I'm looking at you Short and Medium distance running, Pole Vault, Javelin, Platform Diving, Swimming, Table Tennis, Judo, Kayaking and Weightlifting, But the 2 new shooting events and Cycling are cool, Even though my right arm hates the toll that Cycling puts on it.

Also, YAY! For my video shop getting a whole stack of new games for me to try.

All incredibly easy.

I can't button mash to save my life.

Always glad to add an Aussie, I haven't been on COD in awhile but did they fix the servers so that Un-Americans could get a game with decent ping in under an hour?

Instead of Bumping a 3 page old thread, I'd like to say that most events in the Olympics game can go fuck themselves, I'm looking at you Short and Medium distance running, Pole Vault, Javelin, Platform Diving, Swimming, Table Tennis, Judo, Kayaking and Weightlifting, But the 2 new shooting events and Cycling are cool, Even though my right arm hates the toll that Cycling puts on it.

All incredibly easy.

Seems like you can't do anything to save your life. :P

All incredibly easy.

Seems like you can't do anything to save your life. :P

What, Is Halo the measuring stick for how good you are at gaming?

I'm not getting into this fight again, After playing again, Platform Diving is ok and Judo is challenging, But I still hate button mashing with a passion.

To be fair, it's an Olympics game, what did you expect?

The diving is bloody difficult, and Judo seems pretty much random to me. But I find waggling the right stick a whole lot easier than button mashing on this one.

I don't know what I expected, The Platform Diving is kind of like the weightlifting, It's hard to keep your eyes on both things, With weightlifting you can't keep a rhythm doing the sticks in opposite directions.

Major Launch Planned for the Winner of E3 2008’s “Best of Show”

August 20, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that its highly anticipated title, Fallout® 3, will be available on store shelves and online in North America on October 28, 2008 and in Europe on October 31, 2008. Developed at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® – Fallout 3 is slated for release on the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Games for Windows.

“We are very excited to let gamers get their hands on Fallout 3, the latest chapter in this beloved and highly acclaimed franchise,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “To meet the huge demand for this title by our fans worldwide, we are planning one of the biggest launches of any game released this year.”

Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Set more than 200 years following a nuclear war, you can create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of Washington, D.C. however you choose. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.

Hailed as one of the most anticipated games for 2008, Fallout 3 has already won numerous awards including Best of Show from the official Game Critics Awards at E3 2008, a selection voted on by an independent group of journalists from 36 leading North American media outlets that cover the videogame industry.

Fallout® 3 has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information on Fallout 3, visit http://fallout.bethsoft.com.