The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Unpinning is necessary so as not to retain a silly 5 or 6 pinned threads, and it's not as though they'll fall off the first page anyway.

Unless there came a day when they did so with good reason. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

I shall be back rocking the x-box this weekend. I sold my old one to go to Wacken, and should be getting a spanking new Elite on Friday with some lovely games. Any suggestions?

Fifa 09 is definate, tempted with TNA as well. And GTAIV again for fun multiplayer.

What is it with games not coming out on just Tuesdays anymore? Rock Band 2 came out on a Sunday, Guitar Hero World Tour and the AC/DC Track Pack does too, and I think Gears of War 2 comes out on a Friday.

Games have never had an official release day. I remember Mortal Kombat 2 coming out on consoles on a Friday.

And I don't think this thread needs to be pinned. It's never going to drop off the first page and when there's too many pinned threads, people will just scroll right through new ones.

No more Megathreads with updates being lost on page 73

I thought Zero's main point at the time and since he first merged the topics that make up this topic was that they wouldn't be lost. Maybe Hammy can't keep up with the PS3 lot but I can simply log onto xbox.com and find out what anyone else has in seconds.

Maybe we can employ some form of online wiki page where we can edit in our own info rather than inundate Stoker everytime someone buys or sells a game.

Edited by Fat Sow-sa

I didn't merge the topics - Benji did... I just backed him up on it, though I will now admit it was a mistake. So I think this decision is for the best as things stand now... less clutter in the pinned threads, more streamlined online resource thread, and as long as Stoke stays on top of it and people PM him their information, I think this will work out best.

Though I would agree that the "what did you play" thread should be unpinned as should the top 100 once it's finished.

I didn't merge the topics - Benji did... I just backed him up on it, though I will now admit it was a mistake. So I think this decision is for the best as things stand now... less clutter in the pinned threads, more streamlined online resource thread, and as long as Stoke stays on top of it and people PM him their information, I think this will work out best.

Though I would agree that the "what did you play" thread should be unpinned as should the top 100 once it's finished.

Oh god it's like everything I said when this whole mess started has now been validated.

I highly doubt he's coming up with a better idea, everything isn't to my liking now as the Essa thread and the General Chat in the lounge are still pinned. Those are the same threads in their respective sub slices of the EWB pie so go unpin those too.