What music are you listening to?

Benji

Listening to Eminems Recovery, the albums got some amazing songs on with my favourites being not afraid, almost famous, W.T.P and Love the way you lie. Theres nothing wrong with this album at all and just shows how much rap and hip hop was missing eminem.

The theme from the upcoming epic-manfest film The Expendables by Shinedown, called "

)". Awesome.

Also the new Bush single "Afterlife", after they announced their reformation to be apart of Epicenter Festival. I love Bush, but if I'm honest, their "reformation" could've been Gavin Rossdale plus any 3 people to play the instruments, as long as Rossdale was singing the Bush songs. Anyway, I liking the new song.

And also the new Eddie Vedder song "Better Days" from the soundtrack to the upcoming Julia Roberts film "Eat Pray Love".

Edited by TheModernWay

Just got back from a Mumford&Sons/Doves gig at the Eden Project.

Prior to the gig (was talked into it by a disabled friend who had a free 'carer' ticket), I'd only ever heard of "that" M&S song, and although I knew they'd been about for ages I'd never heard anything by The Doves at all.

Mumford and Sons were fucking awesome. Not since Firewind at Bloodstock 2007 have I ever been so impressed by a band I knew so little about (and Firewind only win because I'd never heard of them at all). The glorious sunshine and amazing venue probably helped, it has to be said. But I love those fucking guys now.

The Doves... well, The Doves turned up. I kinda wished they hadn't. The end.

But no... from what I could tell they're basically Snow Patrol/Arctic Monkey's dad. They took an hour and a half to set up and get on stage (which sort of killed all the amazing buildup M&S had done so selflessly for them, not to mention it was fucking freezing by then because the sun had gone down, which was probably what they were waiting for so we could all see their faggy videos on the wall behind them).

But yeah. M&S: 11/10. Doves: 2/10, and they got both those points for the cowbell solo.

Yeah, you read that right.

Tonight, I be mostly listening to Feeder's new album 'Renegades'. Not great to be honest. Their loud tracks have always been their weakest, so guess what this album is full of? It doesn't compliment the lead singer's increasingly bland vocal delivery or metaphorical lyrics either.

I've just found the 2008 album D.I.R.T by Heltah Skeltah in my car...

Have had it on constant play for about 2 weeks though...

They need a new album... I"m sure there was another somewhere though.

The "Running up that Hill" cover by Placebo is still amazing, and still gives me chills.

My God, yes. I love that song. Used it in my media project this year because I was just determined to use it. It's a perfect for creating a mood.

Also; White Lies first album, The Gaslight Anthem's latest album, The Avett Brothers and some old school Gorillaz. I'm starting to get into a few bands a little less manstream which is a lot more fun.

Been listening to 'Fight Like Apes and the Mystery of the Golden Medallion' for the last few days and wondering where they've been all my life. It's wonderful.

I'm listening to the recordings of the Dave Matthews shows from this weekend at Alpine Valley. Awesome performances, as always. Looking forward to going to Wrigley Field to close out the tour in September.

No Quarter by Alestorm. Funky little instrumental.