The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Is it just that you never took an interest in Spider-Man or do you actively dislike it? Because I think that the mechanics in the game will make it fun regardless if you've just never taken an interest before, but if there are elements about him/the world in particular you don't like I suppose that could effect things.

9 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Is it just that you never took an interest in Spider-Man or do you actively dislike it? Because I think that the mechanics in the game will make it fun regardless if you've just never taken an interest before, but if there are elements about him/the world in particular you don't like I suppose that could effect things.

I've just always found the characters unappealing. The idea of swinging around a city sounds good, but I can't imagine I'd be interested in the story.

My brother is playing it and he's not remotely interested in comics and doesn't actively watch the movies. He might have seen a Maguire one but otherwise probably hasn't seen anything Spiderman since the 90s cartoon, and he loves it. 

44 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Has anyone here who doesn't like Spiderman played it? I'm interested to see if it's worth a look to someone who isn't interested in the source material.

Haven’t seen any Spider-Man films, or comic etc. But watching my flatmate play it, it is a hell of a game. 

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Haven’t seen any Spider-Man films, or comic etc.

Empty your desk, and hand your gun and badge in on your way out. You're done here.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Empty your desk, and hand your gun and badge in on your way out. You're done here.

I’ve never been fussed with superheroes and the like. That, plus being super scared of spiders when I was younger, it was just never going to happen really. 

I only just realised that when you fight guys on rooftops and send them flying off the side, the game automatically has them get webbed to the side of the building rather than just pretend that Spiderman not actively killing people is something you have to just pretend still stands even when you're volleying them off the side of skyscrapers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I only just realised that when you fight guys on rooftops and send them flying off the side, the game automatically has them get webbed to the side of the building rather than just pretend that Spiderman not actively killing people is something you have to just pretend still stands even when you're volleying them off the side of skyscrapers.

That said, I kicked someone off a roof into another building, they slammed into it pretty hard then fell headfirst on to the roof of a smaller building between the two. No webbing is saving them.

12 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I am stuck. :(

It is a mission where you need to take out some generators, however I am stuck on the last one that is attached to a chopper. I have no more explosive web things and I can't see a way to regenerate them as I got rid of all the enemies. 

Do you mean the Impact web? If you just aim at it and spam the regular web shooter they still explode, and that one regenerates so you always have something.

• Like 1

I sort of like the idea, but I can't see them nailing the games list as well as Nintendo did, plus most of my PlayStation memories involve 4 joypads and ISS/Crash Team Racing (and bad lager. Skol probably). Plus the blocky 3D graphics have dated horribly in a way that the SNES ones haven't. 

Tl:dr, not really arsed.