The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The bits of TLoU2 gameplay I saw last night were good.

If you've followed any of the gameplay sequences though, they do seem to be heavily hinting that *potential big spoiler*

Spoiler

Joel dies early in the game and you spend it playing as Ellie. I'm thinking that won't be the case though.

I mean, I do think we'll spend a lot of it as Ellie, but don't think Joel will die. At least not when we think he might be dead.

Grabbed Death Stranding heavily discounted at Tesco yesterday for £22. My strategy of delaying purchases until half price or less is certainly one that requires patience and self-control but also gives that buzz too.

Only full price purchase planned this year is Cyberpunk.

• Like 1

You can grab WW2 now. But eh, Battlefront II is a let down.

Purely because I already have EA Access so I was hoping for something else >_>

• Like 1

The single player campaign is a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the game. Tried a bit of the multiplayer but it's not my jam. I enjoyed the campaign quite a bit though. Especially if you're a Star Wars fan I'd suggest it. Really cool story.

• Thanks 1

On another note, Pro Evo 2020 (or whatever it's called) is a fiver at the moment, is it worth a go? I haven't played one since they went off the rails on PS3, and while FIFA is okay it's not Pro Evo. @Baddar?

In other interesting Sony news, the company has stated that all PS4 games released from July must also be compatible with the PS5. It's a bit of an unclear thing to say because Sony had previously declared its intention to make as many PS4 games compatible with the new system. I'm guessing it means that the new PS4 games are supposed to run on PS5 without the need for additional compatibility patches, rather than a sign that they'll be the only PS4 games that work on PS5. It could do with a bit of clarity, though.

I caved and got NBA2k20, but still not sure how to tackle/steal/whatever the basketball terminology is, after I had NBA2k16 too. Like, I've tried going on to the tutorials and it tells you press Square... which is all well and good, but it doesn't give you any tips on how/when to do it.

I'm not a fan of how they changed the shooting from "stop the gauge in the zone" to  "stop it at it's maximum". I'm trying to hit shots relatively near the board, getting near to full gauge, and it missing more often than not.

Also, how do you pass the ball to someone to run on to? Like, if you're on the break, I find if I pass the ball to the open man on the run, it passes to him in that spot, and he gains control of the ball on that spot. It's not one fluid motion of passing it to someone, them controlling it in their stride and continuing on.