The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

My wife finally broke and told me that she wanted Playstation VR, because our friends picked it up and are absolutely loving it. She keeps hearing them describe the games and now she wants it.

Of course, now that she's finally given me the go-ahead, I can't find a bloody unit anywhere, and I just know that if I order one from Walmart's website, I'll go out the next day to pick up groceries or something and find one just sitting on a shelf, ready to be purchased.

Plus... I don't trust Walmart's site. My sister used to work for them and told me that they routinely leave things available for online order that they know they don't have in stock currently.

I regret buying my VR. I've barely used it, just to play Obduction and Astro Bot, really. I'm tempted by Robinson: The Journey, though.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, Liam Mk2 said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is on sale on the PS Store for $17.99 at the moment and I’m tempted. Although I’ve never played any of the games in the series before. 

Can anyone recommend or give me an idea of what to expect gameplay wise? 

For $30, you can get the All-in-One package.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, Liam Mk2 said:

I also saw that Farcry 4 was about $7 so may get that. Don’t think I ever completed it.

I'm tempted by 4 and Primal (I got the Classic Edition of 3 when I bough the DLC season pass for 5).

• Like 1

I got Far Cry 4 years ago for free from Ubisoft because I had Assassins Creed Unity I think it was. Kind of lucked out I didn't play it right away because I played Rogue first, so by the time I played Unity all the bugs were fixed and I had Far Cry 4 free. Of course I forgot about it until now so...

6 hours ago, tristy said:

I regret buying my VR. I've barely used it, just to play Obduction and Astro Bot, really. I'm tempted by Robinson: The Journey, though.

For $30, you can get the All-in-One package.

I'm tempted by 4 and Primal (I got the Classic Edition of 3 when I bough the DLC season pass for 5).

I've played a LOT of PSVR including games that are known to cause VR sickness even among the strong-stomached - Wipeout, No Man's Sky with free movement etc, and I've been absolutely fine with every game (Skyrim aside but that's mostly because the blurriness upsets my eyes) except Robinson: The Journey.

20 minutes playing that game and I seriously had to take the goggles off and curl up in a ball on the floor until the sickness and dizziness left. Real shame as I had been looking forward to it a LOT. Get No Man's Sky Instead. That's a phenomenal VR experience. I'm about 50 VR hours deep into it now.

On 25/04/2020 at 13:17, Liam Mk2 said:

I also saw that Farcry 4 was about $7 so may get that. Don’t think I ever completed it.

On 25/04/2020 at 14:24, Your Mom said:

I'm playing that right now and having some fun with it

You can beat the game in 15 minutes...

In the beginning, when Pagan Min tells you to "wait here", do it.  If you wait around 15 minutes, he'll come back then take you to the endgame.  Think you get an achievement/trophy for it too

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Hide contents

In the beginning, when Pagan Min tells you to "wait here", do it.  If you wait around 15 minutes, he'll come back then take you to the endgame.  Think you get an achievement/trophy for it too

Ah, Far Cry 4. The game where you choose to support either

Spoiler

A brutal dictator, a brutal dictator, or a brutal dictator.

6 hours ago, Lint said:

Reveal hidden contents

You can do the same thing in Far Cry 5, at the church in the very beginning.

11 hours ago, Lint said:

Hide contents

No trophy 😢

Is Cities like an updated version of Sim City?

Sim City 2000 was basically the perfect amount of everything for me in regards to these types of games. I tried Tropico and found that it just has too much going on, and it really just made me want to play Sim City 2000 again.