The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

The DLC missions will help with those challenge tokens. I came nowhere near 100% on tokens and still got everything unlocked.

Yeah the dualshock is the best controller ever. This looks a lot like the xbox one pad but I'm not really fussed. Haptic feedback sounds really cool if its implemented well. I always liked the gimmick of using the touch pad for actual interaction but very few games I came across made use of it other than as another menu.

black/white/blue light just like the PSVR looks clean as fuck, although I assume that light is going to go red/green/pink for players 2,3,4 like the current PS4 controllers do.

those analouge sticks look a bit too far inwards with the new angled handles, like we'll have to stretch our thumbs in a lot. i hate my XB1X controller for this very reason, having to stretch my thumbs like fuck to reach the (X) logo in the middle of the pad. i'm just hoping it's not as chunky as the XB1X pad.

It's weird to see a shift from that core PS design that's been in place since the first DualShock came out. Like, it's not massively different but it still looks like a fairly significant one. Also weird that they seem to have double down on the little touch pad thing. "No one uses that thing." "Oh yeah?! More touch pad!"

18 hours ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

I hope it feels like the PS4 controller, because the PS4 one is the most comfortable controller I've ever played with. 

That was my first thought. It looks a lot like an Xbox controller but I much prefer the PS style. 

21 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Behold the PS5 controller. They're calling it "DualSense" and, as rumoured, it has haptic feedback, adaptive triggers and a built-in microphone.

Why does it look like something a supervillain uses to pilot a drone?

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Missed getting a PSVR for 99 bucks :( Although that might be a good thing since I'll probably save up and get a PS5 anyway

Was it on sale somewhere? I would totally pay that for a PSVR unit.

• Like 1

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

That is actually a decent thing for them to do.

Can't wait for people to moan about the free ones they hand out being better than the Plus games, however.

For those that don't click, Sony are giving away games for free, starting with the Nathan Drake Collection and Journey from April 16th. Providing you add them to your library, they're yours to keep. 

That's a cool thing for them to do. Would be cooler if I could take advantage of it, but I'm not interested in Journey, and I have the Nathan Drake Collection.

I think it would have been better to give users free access to Playstation Now for the duration of the stay at home orders. It probably also would have got them more subscribers after the fact.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Didn't they already give them both away for PS Plus members? Still cool tho.

I believe so. The Nathan Drake Collection definitely was, but yeah, there'll still be plenty of people who don't have Plus or haven't re-subbed in a while, I'm sure. 

19 hours ago, Benji said:

Didn't they already give them both away for PS Plus members? Still cool tho.

Yeh they have. Be good for others who haven't had a chance like to play either. Bit meh for people who have but still free is free 

tbf you don't per se need to rely on randos to help, and from my experience the people who do join in on games tend to be people genuinely looking to help first-time players.

Besides, not many ways to be a shitlord on Journey, and anyone who would do such a thing probably couldn't be bothered to learn how to make racial slurs in morse code anyway.