The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Naww, just fragile and must be held.

Yeah, you'll have to cross the river. Or work on the road and try again.

Also, you'll pretty much need the roads for the next one. And ziplines and roads for the last one but that's allll the way in near-endgame.

There's two more? Uh-oh. Hopefully the payoff is worth it! People better start doing their part. Or I am gonna need to take a truck and steal all the resources from the north and eastern places.

Also, side character stuff (chapter 5)

I bring the artist to the junk dealer, they get married, only to break up? What the hell?! Thanks for making me carry your ass.

10 hours ago, Ruki said:

There's two more? Uh-oh. Hopefully the payoff is worth it! People better start doing their part. Or I am gonna need to take a truck and steal all the resources from the north and eastern places.

Also, side character stuff (chapter 5)

Hide contents

I bring the artist to the junk dealer, they get married, only to break up? What the hell?! Thanks for making me carry your ass.

I essentially had to stop the story and just spent hours going from each facility stealing materials to build the road the entire way. And then I found out it goes north, too :shifty:

Yeah, I pretty much built the road as I went on.

Payoff for the final pizza mission is worth it.

Also for Ruki

Spoiler

Their story isn't over.

8 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Payoff for the final pizza mission is worth it.

Spoiler for the pizza missions :

unless I've missed something, I didn't feel it was worth it? So Englert is actually Higgs but all you do is see inside his bunker, I was hoping for some soet of dramatic payback to make up for that fucking champagne bullshit.

More so for that, actually, than any of the BT stuff :shifty:

• Like 1

Spoiler

Well you do get access to a ton of lore, plus now you know you did get to kick Englert's ass like you wanted to.

But you also get the best rifles in the game, and they really come in handy in the final stretch.

I pretty much stopped using the bola gun once non-lethal rifles became a thing. Especially since you can get ones that let you fire anti-BT rounds.

Just make sure you don't use anti-BT rounds on humans, cause they're lethal to humans, even if the rifle itself is non-lethal.

The one plus to the bola gun is that it's quieter and you can instant-KO people with headshots or if they're standing in water.

Isn't Sonic Forces that one where you play as an original character?

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

Wait.

Hide contents

Mama died? What the fuck killed her?

They do explain this, I think maybe in emails, but short version

Spoiler

She died in the stadium collapse, kept alive artificially by the BT baby

• Like 1

Just delivered the Parting Pizza in 13 minutes! Thanks to a truck and a bunch of roads that people built (and the non road bits were ok).

I'm scared the next one involves going over mountains. And no vehicles. What if there aren't enough ziplines?!

10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Just delivered the Parting Pizza in 13 minutes! Thanks to a truck and a bunch of roads that people built (and the non road bits were ok).

I'm scared the next one involves going over mountains. And no vehicles. What if there aren't enough ziplines?!

I think the next one is the last. In which case... yes, no, and if you can't zip from Mountain Knot to the pickup place, then you can't zip back, in which case wait until you can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

I think the next one is the last. In which case... yes, no, and if you can't zip from Mountain Knot to the pickup place, then you can't zip back, in which case wait until you can.

So I can't drive? And Mount Knot, that's just where I delivered from! So it should be easy. Which prepper do I need to build to? I've already got a solid one to Heartman.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

So I can't drive? And Mount Knot, that's just where I delivered from! So it should be easy. Which prepper do I need to build to? I've already got a solid one to Heartman.

Oh, you can drive. As for the prepper, he's one you have to look for...

Spoiler

The First Prepper. Near the Spiritualist.

Oh. I've not found that one yet. Are they unlocked along the main mission?

Thankfully I already have a pretty solid zipline from the road to the mountaineer. To the spiritualist won't be too hard.