The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

3 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

You can take multiple trips with deliveries.

Also: once you get the Power Skeletons, particularly level 3, traversal on foot becomes much simpler.

That sounds illegal. All at once or not at all.

Also! The first time I saw the MULE people was scary... they didn't get close, just generally moving in my direction at an increased speed. Thankfully the timefell came.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

That sounds illegal. All at once or not at all.

Try it. Ever see how a delivery says 'partial delivery unavailable'?

Next time you have a delivery with multiple parts, leave one of them in a postbox or other private locker, get to the destination. You'll be able to mark it as a partial delivery, offload what you have, then come back in the next.

You will need to use this later on with some standard deliveries.

Just now, Ruki said:

How can I see how many people like my stuff?

I didn't do much online cause I wanted to see how I could go solo, but your online profile should have that broken down there.

Also: It is perfectly viable to beat the game solo, but is super grindy.

1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:

Try it. Ever see how a delivery says 'partial delivery unavailable'?

Next time you have a delivery with multiple parts, leave one of them in a postbox or other private locker, get to the destination. You'll be able to mark it as a partial delivery, offload what you have, then come back in the next.

You will need to use this later on with some standard deliveries.

I didn't do much online cause I wanted to see how I could go solo, but your online profile should have that broken down there.

Also: It is perfectly viable to beat the game solo, but is super grindy.

I'm liking the online stuff. Although I'm not getting the point of delivering cargo for others since it doesn't raise my star rating

[insertyanoshrughere]

Meanwhile in Spider-Man, UGH at the Challenges. Hopefully I completed enough to unlock weapon upgrades. I don't even know why I bought other skins after getting Spider-Punk anyway.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

I'm liking the online stuff. Although I'm not getting the point of delivering cargo for others since it doesn't raise my star rating

It raises your bridges links rating if you deliver other peoples cargo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaney said:

It raises your bridges links rating if you deliver other peoples cargo.

Oh neat!

I've been finding people's lost cargo in the public lockers... so I've just been withdrawing it and then turning it in right away.

Still playing Spider-Man, working on the DLC now. Wondering if JJ comments on other Spidey costumes other than the punk one.

Also, do any of the DLCs have base missions? I know the first one has challenges, so wondering if I can get base tokens in one of the DLC packs so I can get that Ghost Rider-style costume

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

Death Stranding. I hate Peter Englert. Can I please kill him at some point?

WIthout spoiling anything, you will get a satisfying payoff.

• Like 1

Detroit: Become Human is a hell of a game and a vast improvement over the two hours or so that I played of Beyond: Two Souls. I finished Detroit this morning and I'm very satisfied, I'll probably even go back for a second playthrough soon to do things that I didn't in my first. It's that good - I love pretty much everything about the game. By the end of the game, I was really attached to the Kara & Alice characters, I thought that was a beautiful story and probably the best representation of what the game was wanting to accomplish, moreso than the heavy handedness and cliche (but still fun) route of going with a revolution/uprising in the Connor & Markus stories.

I arguably got the worst and most bleak endings for the stories of Connor & Markus...

Spoiler

Connor spares Markus, and leaves him to die instead of shooting him to be sure he dies - but then Markus sets off a dirty bomb that leaves lethal amounts of radiation in Detroit. Connor turned on his makers with that decision, and ended up helping the cause anyway.

But my ending for Kara & Alice was very, very satisfying....

Spoiler

They make it safely across the border into Canada, but not before the game tricks me into thinking Kara will shut down due to the cold, and then Alice passing out/asleep/something and not waking up until after I'm already teared up and about to get real emotional. Pulling at the heartstrings!

--

Now I've started Jedi Fallen Order. It's pretty good, but the bar for Star Wars games aren't very high to begin with.

Ok so first off, there aren't individual roads for each player, there's one highway for everyone. Once you've connected an area with the discovered paver to the chiral network, the next time someone on your server adds materials to that paver it should update the amount in your game (as I understand it). I don't know if it's down to the fact I essentially stopped everything else until the roads were completed but I never saw a road being finished by another player, always me but everytime I played, at least one paver had been added to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kaney said:

Ok so first off, there aren't individual roads for each player, there's one highway for everyone. Once you've connected an area with the discovered paver to the chiral network, the next time someone on your server adds materials to that paver it should update the amount in your game (as I understand it). I don't know if it's down to the fact I essentially stopped everything else until the roads were completed but I never saw a road being finished by another player, always me but everytime I played, at least one paver had been added to.

After I posted that, I started getting notifications that people were adding materials, and I found an auto paver that had like 3000 materials in it.

Good thing too, because doing it all yourself is a sloooog.