The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I'm just gonna leave this here: I apply real world logic to a Death Stranding mechanic, and the results are... ow.

Just met Heartman and holy shit his formal intro scene.

The backstories for all the major NPCs in Death Stranding are incredibly fun to discover, but Heartman's has been a major highlight for sure.

There's also a ton of potential in a spinoff featuring Heartman as well as both the major antagonists.

Hideo Kojima is a genius.

Interesting game design elements I've noticed in Death Stranding (spoiler for plot reasons, safe for Ep 5 and on)

Spoiler

When you're in one of the warzone dimensions, cargo is placed subtly in the direction you need to go. This is similar to the FPS design trick of using enemies as signposts to lead them to the objective.

So at endgame if you keep mucking about you can discover Die-Hardman's real name

Spoiler

John McClane

• Like 1

Alright, got five stars with every location and beat the campaign.

The ending was great. Total mindfuck, but still great.

Been playing Spiderman now. And tapping into my Ubisoftitis in grabbing all the backpacks I can before even continuing the campaign.

It's just Manhattan Island you play on right? Not going to cross the rivers? Being Suburban Spider-Man would kinda defeat the point I guess but I would likely take an odd joy out of it

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Been playing Spiderman now. And tapping into my Ubisoftitis in grabbing all the backpacks I can before even continuing the campaign.

It's just Manhattan Island you play on right? Not going to cross the rivers? Being Suburban Spider-Man would kinda defeat the point I guess but I would likely take an odd joy out of it

Only Manhattan and a single mission detour to a different location I shall not divulge.

• Like 1

Meanwhile in Spider-Man

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

Death Stranding is certainly something. I just finished getting rid of the body and getting ready to go out an connect the country. 

I would recommend you play the first map thoroughly before moving on. It is a bit of a slog, but by the time you've five starred all the locations you'll have mastered the basics, and probably got a good supply of chiral crystals.

Speaking of, harvest chiral crystals and cryptobiotes. You can't have enough of either and building the roads take a looooooooooooooot of chiral crystals.

Meanwhile I got the punk rocker outfit in Spider-Man and I wish the guitar attack was as useful as it is cool but web blossom is so awesome.

EDIT- Nevermind, found my answer.

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

I would recommend you play the first map thoroughly before moving on. It is a bit of a slog, but by the time you've five starred all the locations you'll have mastered the basics, and probably got a good supply of chiral crystals.

Speaking of, harvest chiral crystals and cryptobiotes. You can't have enough of either and building the roads take a looooooooooooooot of chiral crystals.

Meanwhile I got the punk rocker outfit in Spider-Man and I wish the guitar attack was as useful as it is cool but web blossom is so awesome.

EDIT- Nevermind, found my answer.

That's what I did, and when I moved to the second map I thought I had everything straightforward. Got 5 stars for everyone I've met so far, built a road all the way to south knot city and then met the Combat Veteran. That was a fuckin radical change of pace.

As for Spiderman, I don't know if they patched it or not but the web blossom is so overpowered it really doesn't make sense to use anything else.

• Like 1

Oh, another Death Stranding tip:

There are some locations ran by individual preppers that you need to actually seek out to get involved in the network. Two of these are in the first map.

I found some materials that another player dropped and delivered it for them. So do they get the metal?

Also, man, it is hard to stay upright when you are loaded up with gear. I should create more post boxes.

2 hours ago, Ruki said:

I found some materials that another player dropped and delivered it for them. So do they get the metal?

Also, man, it is hard to stay upright when you are loaded up with gear. I should create more post boxes.

I *think* if you delivered another players cargo of, say, 100kg Metals, to the capital knot city, both yours and their station would gain the materials.

You can take multiple trips with deliveries.

Also: once you get the Power Skeletons, particularly level 3, traversal on foot becomes much simpler.