The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

39 minutes ago, Ruki said:

So I just got to the Timefall Farm, and Diehardman says I'm halfway there? That's not half the game done is it?

Nope. Closer to a third.

19 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

...is that an actual character name in that game?

Just wait to you find out what his real name is.

15 minutes ago, Ruki said:

So, I'm a third of the way through the game... and I still have no idea what the Death Stranding, Beaches, or DOOMS are. Is this normal?

This is my main complaint of the game. It's like you stepped started the game but somehow missed the part where they explain the mythology and shit behind the game's world. I can't be invested in these characters if I don't know what the fuck is going on.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

So, I'm a third of the way through the game... and I still have no idea what the Death Stranding, Beaches, or DOOMS are. Is this normal?

Also, I'm mostly just doing the main missions. Am I missing quite a bit?

Doing side stuff, especially for preppers, is pretty vital as it gives you access to better gear.

And yeah, a lot of the lore is a bit obscure. You do get some lore explained to you, but a lot of it is stuff you kind of have to piece together as you go along.

Just now, OctoberRaven said:

Doing side stuff, especially for preppers, is pretty vital as it gives you access to better gear.

And yeah, a lot of the lore is a bit obscure. You do get some lore explained to you, but a lot of it is stuff you kind of have to piece together as you go along.

Someone was nice enough to leave me level 3 leg gear in the lockers.

17 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Someone was nice enough to leave me level 3 leg gear in the lockers.

You'll need to replace it eventually though.

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Finally finished Death Stranding. Absolutely mental, not sure I understood what the fuck was going on but thoroughly enjoyed it.

There is a lot to take in, especially since a lot of the lore is buried in tutorials, lengthy in-game emails, and even then it doesn't explain everything.

I could maybe help fill in some gaps if there's still anything you're confused about?

20 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

There is a lot to take in, especially since a lot of the lore is buried in tutorials, lengthy in-game emails, and even then it doesn't explain everything.

I could maybe help fill in some gaps if there's still anything you're confused about?

I think the main thing I'm confused about is

Higgs role in the entire thing? It feels like nothing would change if he was entirely absent. Amelie wanted you to connect all the cities together so all the beaches could be connected to hers, thus allowing her to kill everything with the last stranding. So of Higgs was her agent, why the fuck is he trying to stop you all the time, and trying to blow up the knot cities?

Well

Spoiler

Humanity was on the brink of extinction anyway, Bridget/Amelie's plan would have just accelerated the process and caused a total extinction, as opposed to a slower mass extinction that would potentially leave some other species alive.

It's also important to remember that Bridget/Amelie didn't want to actually go through with it. She also believed that Sam was the only one capable of stopping her. Therefore we can infer the following:

-She believed Sam was also the only one capable of defeating Higgs

-She didn't tell Higgs everything

-She believed that if it was too easy, someone other than Sam could reach her.

So Higgs was there to keep anyone other than Sam from connecting everyone. And if Sam were to somehow fail, the Last Stranding would still happen anyway, just slower.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I'm on the third or fourth pizza delivery mission. And I have to hold the champagne by hand?  I can't drive?! Fuck you!

Speed Skeleton your way to the highway, and keep Speed Skeleton-ing the rest of way, you'll make it in about 10 min tops.

• Like 1

Just now, Ruki said:

My highway sadly doesn't go that far south. People have been slacking on materials!

Oof. I forget, is the champange bottle Do Not Submerge? I think there's a spot in the river you can wade through but it miiiiight be in BT territory....

5 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Oof. I forget, is the champange bottle Do Not Submerge? I think there's a spot in the river you can wade through but it miiiiight be in BT territory....

Naww, just fragile and must be held.