The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

16 minutes ago, tristy said:

I can get all 4 of the Uncharted games for $20 right now, so that’s a steal. I’ve played RDR2 and GTAV on the Xbox already. Nier is one Ive wanted to play for a minute now, good shout on that (and thanks for reminding me!). I’ve heard of the Persona series but never actually looked at gameplay or anything to see if it’s something I’d like, gonna have to check that out for sure.

I personally love the heck out of the Persona series. Basically, if you 're into JRPGs, it will likely be your jam!

39 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I would say those are some of the best games on PS4.

Otger games depending on your taste: Red Dead Redemption 2, GTAV,  Bloodborne (lots of people like this, I've never played), Uncharted, Witcher 3, Persona 5, and Nier Automata.

I really wanted to like Nier Automata.  I have it a chance.  I put like 25 hours into it.  I kept saying "I don't like it, but maybe I will!"  The fact it would change from a 3rd person game, to a 2.5 side scroller, to sometimes a space shooter I found intriguing.  But after 25 hours, it just never came together.  The story never started to make sense to me.  Then I read to get the full story, you have to play through it like 3 or 4 times.  I just lost interest.

Persona 5 I loved, right up until the end.  One of the last bosses I got to can only be damaged by critical hits.  I had no persona's that an emphasis/specialized in critical hits.  I could do no damage to him while he'd wipe out my entire party in 3 or 4 turns.  I keep meaning to delete my save and start over, but after like 80+ hours in the game, I can't

If you never played it on the PS2, the Kingdom Hearts series (main games especially) is fantastic. I haven't had a chance to play 3 yet, but the first game is easily one of my all time favorites, and the second game is pretty freaking awesome too.

Titanfall 2 is a game I had on my list of to buy games for PS4, so I'll go ahead and grab this next month when they put it up.

And, ya'll.... Horizon Zero Dawn is fucking awesome. I almost don't want to put it down, but I'm due to be receiving Spider-Man any time now through the mail, so it looks like I'll have to.

• Like 1

My 2018/2019 strategy of waiting as long as possible to buy games to get them as cheap as possible has just dealt up long-term wishlist Farcry 5  for £10 preowned (played quite a bit the last few days - enjoying the setting and story, it's certainly still Farcry though) and South Park Fractured But Whole for £5 (which is fun). Winwin.

On 01/12/2019 at 11:29, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

My 2018/2019 strategy of waiting as long as possible to buy games to get them as cheap as possible has just dealt up long-term wishlist Farcry 5  for £10 preowned (played quite a bit the last few days - enjoying the setting and story, it's certainly still Farcry though) and South Park Fractured But Whole for £5 (which is fun). Winwin.

AFterwards, check out FC:NE if you can find it fairly cheap.  Its a direct sequel to 5 but is much shorter.  I didn't type out the name because its actually a spoiler for 5

and yea, Factured But Whole was great.  I never finished Stick of Truth but had a blast playing FBW

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Which one is Far Cry 5? The one with the Adam Cole/Matthew McConaughey hybrid as the main villain or the one with Neymar as the main villain?

The first one.

McConaughey playing a cult leader with aviator sunglasses, yes.

Uh, so I just bought the physical (almost 200 page) Art of Horizon Zero Dawn book, the CD and vinyl versions of the soundtrack, and a Focus keychain that's an official Playstation product.

I'm not obsessed or anything. I can't get over this game. I had an Xbox One for YEARS, and legit - this is the best game I've ever played in recent memory, and I've only had a PS4 since Black Friday. Try to keep up, Microsoft.

Thinking about trying out Killzone since it's made by the same people, too. But I did just buy Fire Pro, World War Z, and I have PS Now.... hey, maybe Killzone is on PS Now!

• Like 3

Horizon Zero Dawn really got me as well. Picked it up cheap on a whim, had absolutely no idea what to expect, and was utterly hooked. Just a perfect combination of gameplay, story and world design. Utterly gorgeous, too.

Yesterday I preordered Wattam, the new game from the guy behind Katamari Damacy. I watched the trailer and still have no idea what it was about. I read a description of the gameplay and it didn't help at all. I can't wait.

HZD is the type of game that's rife for more storytelling that one game (or DLC) will allow. I'm surprised there aren't books or anything. Shit, I beat the main story last night, and I've spent an additional few more hours reading about other stuff in the game world (like Far Zenith and the Odyssey). The world before, during and after the events of the game are so damn interesting.

I was thinking about this earlier... fuck the Witcher, this is the game that I want to see made into a TV show.