The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy that I didn't end up splurging on Star Wars: Squadrons, because it is one of the free PS Plus games for June.

The bit of it that I played with my buddy was pretty fun, though I don't imagine there's much to the game itself. It'll be nice to have, to throw the VR headset on and shoot down some rebel scum though.

Bah, I got Star Wars Squadrons for Christmas. Never mind.

In related news I'm currently playing through Fallen Order and finding the loading times after dying infuriating. I know I'm from a generation where my first gaming experience was 3 lives and then start from the beginning, but the fact that if you die falling off something you instantly respawn whereas if you die in combat you wait ages before starting miles away is winding me up. It's fine otherwise...

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Bah, I got Star Wars Squadrons for Christmas. Never mind.

In related news I'm currently playing through Fallen Order and finding the loading times after dying infuriating. I know I'm from a generation where my first gaming experience was 3 lives and then start from the beginning, but the fact that if you die falling off something you instantly respawn whereas if you die in combat you wait ages before starting miles away is winding me up. It's fine otherwise...

I don't know if you're on a PS5, but a reminder for everyone that the PS5 upgrade for Fallen Order is due out supposedly in about a month.

6 hours ago, tristy said:

I don't know if you're on a PS5, but a reminder for everyone that the PS5 upgrade for Fallen Order is due out supposedly in about a month.

I finished Fallen Order the other month not realising it was getting the PS5 upgrade and the thought of reinstalling it and playing it again gives me a feeling of dread it's such a frustrating game in parts

1 hour ago, Dang117 said:

I finished Fallen Order the other month not realising it was getting the PS5 upgrade and the thought of reinstalling it and playing it again gives me a feeling of dread it's such a frustrating game in parts

Yeah, I completed the main game and thought about trying to 100% it but honestly it didn’t hit the spot for me in terms of a Star Wars game. I’d much prefer a remaster/remake of the Force Unleashed.

13 hours ago, tristy said:

Nah, just PS4.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

With PS5 games, whenever I'm given an option for 4k or 60fps mode, I can't not pick the 60fps anymore. I want the pretty graphics, but it's just so smooth!

I want both, dammit.

Then spend thousands on those fancy new PC components.

4 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

With PS5 games, whenever I'm given an option for 4k or 60fps mode, I can't not pick the 60fps anymore. I want the pretty graphics, but it's just so smooth!

I want both, dammit.

Give it a little time, it'll happen. Look at Miles Morales, for example. It has a 4K60fps mode with limited RT, right? Or full blown RT after a patch? I can't remember. But either way, yeah, if I have the option I'm always going to do 60fps now. 4K is less important to me, but it's nice to have. I usually have my PS5 to automatically do 4K, but something like Mass Effect won't register it so the audio and shit eventually gets off sync so I have to switch it back to 1080p.

I have trouble justifying $70 for a game that's under 20 hours long, so I'm probably holding off on Ratchet and Clank.  It looks spectacular and I'm sure its a lot of fun, but if we're at $70 for new games, there better be more than two weeks' worth of content in it.