The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

2 hours ago, tristy said:

If you’re a PS5 owner, the update for Ratchet & Clank unlocks 60fps.

I think that got lost in translation because it was unavailable to buy last weekend or whatever because they had a free play weekend. There’s a more credible rumor out there that Days Gone and Zombie Army 4 are the free games (plus Oddworld for PS5). Yes, it’s weird two zombie games might be the freebies but the leaker has been credible in the past.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/31/playstation-plus-games-for-april-days-gone-oddworld-soulstorm-and-zombie-army-4-dead-war/#sf244481532

You were right! Disappointing. But at least Oddworld will be fun. 

Just now, LL! said:

The Days Gone bit is just outright frustrating. As mentioned, it's already in the PS+ collection. Why not Civ6?! Why noooot?

Yeah, but that’s only for PS5 owners. We’re still in the minority here, a lot more people have a PS4 still.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tristy said:

Yeah, but that’s only for PS5 owners. We’re still in the minority here, a lot more people have a PS4 still.

But I want to be special!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.sie.com/en/blog/announcing-playstations-new-partnership-with-discord/

At PlayStation, we’re constantly looking for new ways to enable players around the world to connect with one another, form new friendships and communities, and share fun experiences and lasting memories. It’s in this spirit that we’re excited to announce a new partnership with Discord, the communication service popularized by gamers and used by more than 140 million people every month around the world.Together, our teams are already hard at work connecting Discord with your social and gaming experience on PlayStation Network. Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together.

To bring these experiences to life for our players, Sony Interactive Entertainment has made a minority investment as part of Discord’s Series H round. From our very first conversation with co-founders Jason Citron and Stan Vishnevskiy, I was inspired by their lifelong love for gaming and our teams’ shared passion to help bring friends and communities together in new ways. Empowering players to create communities and enjoy shared gaming experiences is at the heart of what we do, so we are beyond excited to start this journey with one of the world’s most popular communication services.

Being that I continued to read that shortages would be ongoing for the rest of the year, and that the next Ratchet and Clank game is one of the only next gen games I'm actually excited about, I went out and acquired one of these fifth playstations.

• Like 4

During a conference call they said it would actually be until the end of 2022. This pisses me off because just a few weeks ago I could have bought one but was trying to be a responsible adult and figured they'd be back around come Christmas time. I hate being an adult!

Just follow Wario64 on Twitter (or bookmark his page if you don't have Twitter like me). He always warns a day ahead, or at least a few hours, when the PS Direct que opens up. Or any other retailers - not sure about Canada, though, so YMMV.