The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Hey good news, instead of prioritizing work on the next part of the FF7 Remake we instead made a spinoff featuring Yuffie and some new character!

17 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I forgot about this. Was there anything good? Like did they announce you don't have to be a literal wizard to find a PS5 in the wild?

Nothing special. Everything shown had already been announced, and the vast majority of them will be on PS4 as well. There was no word on PS5 stock. With processors being scarce, they're likely to be difficult to find for a good few months at least.

• Thanks 1

There’s been multiple PS5 drops on Best Buy and GameStop, and at least two queues on PS Direct, this week. Scalpers are still picking them up like crazy but it’s not like retailers have just stopped putting them up for sale either.

I mean, yeah.

Also, here's your PS+ free games for March:

• Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4/PS5 - but not eligible for the PS5 upgrade)
  • Maquette (PS5)
  • Farpoint (PSVR)
  • Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4/PS5)

Pretty sure this doesn't include PS5 owners, since you can't do it on there (and was one of my biggest complaints about the new console, which makes sense now that this has come out) - but, come August 31st, you'll no longer be able to rent/buy movies or TV shows in the PS Store. Everything you've bought previously will still be watchable, however.

Yeah, that's kinda shitty for people who rely on the system to be their main entertainment hub. I did it for years before deciding to switch to a Chromecast because that way I can keep the settings on my TV the same for each HDMI port.