The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I wanted to get Immortals since it's so cheap, but I am playing through Cyberpunk, I have Assassin's Creed still wrapped, and I got Atelier Ryza for PS4 that I am starting to get into. Plus Bravely Default 2 in February! I just don't think I would have time for it sadly. 

Shadow is great for me since I was planning on playing through the first two in the new year. Bought the first in a recent sale and the second was a freebie a while back.

The only person I know who's played Greedfall is @Cymbols and he said it was rubbish. Will give it a go but not expecting much based on that.

Maneater could be great or awful who cares I get to swim around as a shark. Can't wait.

managed to grab a pair of the Pulse 3D headphones from the Amazon Warehouse for $65 plus tax (but I had a giftcard from Christmas with a little left on it, so it came out to me only paying $30). From the description, there's a small scuff on the bottom of the ear cup and the box is a little damaged.

That's what we call a steal, son.

1 hour ago, tristy said:

managed to grab a pair of the Pulse 3D headphones from the Amazon Warehouse for $65 plus tax (but I had a giftcard from Christmas with a little left on it, so it came out to me only paying $30). From the description, there's a small scuff on the bottom of the ear cup and the box is a little damaged.

That's what we call a steal, son.

Say what?! Isn't that like $200?!

$99.99 regular. With a gift card and after tax, I paid out of my own pocket $34. I can’t view the description from Amazon Warehouse, I know it was “barely used” and has a small scuff - but now that I think about it, I think the box is either very damaged or it doesn’t come with it at all.

I’ve been obsessively checking Amazon and PS Direct for weeks now, so I’ll take what I can get 😂

They gave people who bought the PS5 version refunds, I've seen a few pictures on reddit.

I suck at swimming because I keep forgetting which I've got the Y-axis set and he never goes the way i want him to but other than that I quite enjoyed the intro, I'll probably carry on with it.

Isn't this basically the same as it was on PS4, except with a different name?

There, you could sign in with someone else's credentials and play their games, and vice versa, providing you both set it as the primary PS4 of the account you're sharing with.

Just looked into it, appears it's the same.

The only drawback on PS4 was because your friends PS4 becomes your primary, if you lose connection to the net, you also lose access to the games, even the ones you've paid for (the lock sign appears). Good if you can stay connected though. Not sure if this has been tweaked for PS5 and if you can do it all offline once paired.

We have used this on PS4 so that my fiancee's daughter can use her Plus features.

1 hour ago, tristy said:

Holy shit the Pulse 3D headset is super comfortable. Doesn't even feel like I'm wearing headphones. I haven't tried it out on the PS5 yet, though.

Yeah they're pretty good. I do feel them for a bit at first but once I'm zoned in I forget I have them. Love the surrounding noises too. 

I don't think there's going to be a large restock for a few months, IIRC. The last drops I saw were completely random ones on Sony Rewards and Dell of all places, and I only saw those because of Wario64 on Twitter.