The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was looking at a charging dock but we got an extension lead which is surge protected but has USB slots in so I've been charging my pad from that 

Did anyone pick up the pulse headset? I play with headphones on a lot but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Seems even harder to get hands on that the console.

1 hour ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

Did anyone pick up the pulse headset? I play with headphones on a lot but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Seems even harder to get hands on that the console.

Curious about this too. I find myself playing the most when Ms LL is sleeping so it would actually be pretty beneficial to get it.

Platinumed Bugsnax. Really enjoyed the game overall a good way to kill some time and relax. Definetly worth a play if you haven't already downloaded it 

21 hours ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

Any pair of headphones that uses the audio jack will do the 3D audio. I've tried it out on both pairs of Beats that I have and it works.

The PS5 we ordered for us is arriving tomorrow.

The missus wants to play Cyberpunk but I'm not sure I want to pay 50 quid for a game that, from what I've already seen online, doesn't look great on PS5 and is littered with problems from the get go. I don't think that'd be a great start for a new console tbh.

1 hour ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Get lucky and beat the bots when EB/BestBuy/Walmart open up stock or paying scalper prices. None of which are good options. 

I have to follow Twitter for this work. FML. 

14 minutes ago, RPS said:

I have to follow Twitter for this work. FML. 

Agree to meet a scalper, and then use some lawyer lingo to make them think that selling it at such a markup is illegal so they sell it to you for the proper price. 

9 minutes ago, Rukaru Shida said:

Agree to meet a scalper, and then use some lawyer lingo to make them think that selling it at such a markup is illegal so they sell it to you for the proper price. 

I teach a course on negotiation, this should be easy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

The controller is so good. 😭

Right? It's definitely one of the best things about it. Don't think the games I've played bar Astro's Playroom have used it to its full potential yet, probably because a lot of games are still PS4/PS5 rather than full next gen.

18 hours ago, LL. said:

Anyone know the best way to get stock alerts for PS5 accessories? Trying to get my hands on a 3D Pulse.

I use nowinstock.net, but I just check the site (and Direct) every 10 minutes or so when I'm online. That's how I nabbed my media remote from Direct last Friday.

Whenever Amazon has the Pulse or charging dock, it's always backordered until late January or early February. Which makes me just want to wait until Direct gets more stock.