The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

It took me over a week of playing Mario Kart, getting frustrated, to realize that tilt controls and auto steer are on by default. I kept swearing at the game for pulling my car in wonky directions or not letting me hit shortcuts... and there are options for that.

• Like 1

Picked up LEGO Marvel Superheroes, Mario Tennis, and Crash N Sane Trilogy at Gamestop’s BOGO sale. I missed the entirety of the Crash Bandicoot series when I was a kid as I didn’t have a PlayStation - it’s a lot of fun, and incredibly frustrating At the same time

2019 hot take: I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and thus, my first physical cart so I can partake in the age old tradition of tasting the poison on it.

I can't taste it in terms of any flavour but there's definitely a sensation to it. Is there meant to be a flavour to it or is my palette just terrible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King Ellis said:

2019 hot take: I got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and thus, my first physical cart so I can partake in the age old tradition of tasting the poison on it.

I can't taste it in terms of any flavour but there's definitely a sensation to it. Is there meant to be a flavour to it or is my palette just terrible?

It's supposed to be really bitter - it's been compared to the stuff that you paint on kid's nails to stop them from sucking their thumb.

11 hours ago, iDOL said:

I made the mistake of purchasing Civilization 6. There goes my life.

x160411.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qz3JKQt-KS.jpg

• Haha 1

The wife has been hogging my Switch for the past two weeks making me regret not getting her one for Christmas like I intended. I stumbled across a woman on Facebook Marketplace selling one that she said she got two weeks ago but didn't end up liking - getting the console with black joycons, dock, hdmi cord, and charger in the original box, as well as physical copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Just Dance 2019 and Gear Club - all for $300 and she said she would have it charged so that I can make sure everything works like it should. 

I have been playinhmg Breath of the Wild. All my previous thoughts on this game were wrong. It is probably the greatest game I have ever played.

I was watching someone on Twitch play that last night and it looked like something I would love to play. I've been putting off buying a Switch because there aren't a lot of titles that only come out for the Switch and no other console.