The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

5 hours ago, apsham said:

So a surprisingly good game that is out - and I wasn't even aware of - is also on sale right now.

Mutant League Football - Dynasty Edition is pretty much what I was looking for in my sports game cravings.

If you every played the Genesis original, it has the same spirit - mostly because it's from the same creator, but it plays pretty much exactly like NFL Blitz and even has the Blitz/NBA Jam announcer doing commentary. All that fun explosives on the field, killing the mutants and monsters on the other team with tackles and dirty tricks - but it also includes the dynasty mode where you have three years to build a team of nobodies up to win the Mutant Bowl. Pretty neat.

The dynasty mode makes me want it

Speaking of Mutant League, am I the only one who remembers the cartoon show where all the teams played multiple sports for reasons?

On 31/01/2019 at 06:08, Bobfoc said:

Wargroove is getting plenty of praise. However, the one thing that worries me is that there are no mid-mission save options. I can see that being a massive pain, so I hope they get patched in at some point.

Yeah, so this isn't true - as it turns out, if you leave mid-match there's an autosave in place that asks you if you want to continue when you go back into that.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, apsham said:

Yeaaaaah, I wouldn't get excited or anything like that. It's going to focus on Fire Emblem, maybe some DLC like Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight and I dunno.. Smash Bros character updates?

I'm so glad you were wrong! 😂

Legit though, between that new Platinum Game, Tetris 99, Mario Maker 2 and Link's motherfucking Awakening, it's a damn good day to be a Switch owner!

So is Tetris 99 like multiplayer Tetris, where you clearing lines adds them to the other person's screen, except on a much wider level? 

Because that makes sense when it's one on one but how does it work for upwards of 99 opponents? 

30 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

So is Tetris 99 like multiplayer Tetris, where you clearing lines adds them to the other person's screen, except on a much wider level? 

Because that makes sense when it's one on one but how does it work for upwards of 99 opponents? 

I think it's just a "last person standing" game where you only focus on your own performance.

You can pick who's the target of your trash tiles and change it any time with the R stick. People attacking you, random people, people who are on the verge of being knocked out, and "badges" (which I guess means people with some kind of achievement) are all options, but beyond that it's random.

It's a fun little game! I made it to the top ten last night once and shit got crazy fast at the exact same time that I got a whole lot of junk dropped on me. I mean, it's Tetris, you know what you're getting.