The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

They're just designs people have made. You can place designs onto the ground, but you have to do it one square at a time. Have you unlocked the QR code sewing machine at Able Sisters?

I've just scanned qr codes I found through Tumblr pages into my design folder and used those to place around. Right now I've just got it connecting bridges and to the main areas I visit (re-tail, beach ramps, orchards I've started). It's good to cover up worn spots on the ground and to prevent them from being seen. Just have to be careful not to press Y around them <_<

I've seen some crazy stuff. People have made designs for water areas with wooden walkways and such and what looks like a Mario Kart looking design theme. Not stuff I would personally use because I just want something simplistic, but it makes the stuff I've created look like crap.

So I made my first "actually doing this to make money and not just feeling things out" trip to the island just now.

I filled up the box with fish and bugs and wasn't particularly picky with what I brought back (anything new went back since I didn't know how much it was worth, shitty fish like horse mackerels and sea bass and zebra turkeymonkeybonobofish thrown back).

With this sort of quasi-aimless money-making scheme, I made over 90,000 Bells.

The fucking island, guys. The fucking island.

Well damn, I have both of those already. :(

But yeah, anyone who doesn't know me on Facebook (i.e., Vitamin E), I'm collecting modern stuff. And robo stuff actually.

Here's what I have:

Modern: Bed, table, desk, chair, end table, cabinet, lamp, wall clock, floor, wall

Robo: Clock, wall clock, TV, lamp, sofa, closet, bed

And if you guys are putting sets together as well, I'll see what I can do. Furniture hunting has always been a pain in the ass, so cooperation will help.

Edited by Dr. Sous Beckett

I have a robo-sofa. I was saving it for Apollo for his birthday, but now that I've got a catalog I can pass it over.

At the moment I've been collecting Astro/Sci-Fi stuff, and also Minimalist/Sleek furniture. I've already got Astro Sofa, chair, bed, and closet; Minimalist Wardrobe, sofa, chair (2), and end table; and a Sleek sofa.

Not sure what I want for flooring and wallpaper, but I'm waiting to actually work on my house until I have all house loans paid off. The last time I checked, the amount I would need is just under 7 million bells <_<

Hey VE, I see you're online; could you open your gate? I've got this girl Katie with me who wants to visit any other town. If you want sci-fi stuff I can bring you a lunar rover, a space shuttle, and THE FREAKING MOON.

I just offloaded Katie to someone else as well :P I'll take the Space Shuttle, though. Already have the other two.

Gate is open now.

Edited by Vitamin E

Does anyone have any pears? That's the only fruit I'm missing that I'm able to get. Still trying to figure out a setup for fruit trees in town, but I probably shouldn't worry until I have the maximum number of villagers less one moves in and destroys an orchard I've begun. Thinking of only doing 3 trees per fruit, since I'll only really be worry about selling perfect peaches the most. Plus, less room required for them and I can use the space for the public works projects.

Which, by the way, I've got the second floor of the museum going at the moment.

Edited by Vitamin E

That's alright. If you could save me one that'd be great. Don't even know where I'll want to plant it yet. Of all the reasons I wish I could choose where villagers set up their houses, it'd be so I can actually build things around them better.

And thanks for the bulletin, Sousa :P

x249.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a robo-closet for you, Sousa. Won't be on until tomorrow at some point.

And I've ran into two tarantulas tonight. Fuck tarantulas.

Ended up putting paths in for the second time. Still not sure about them, but I don't want to just run all over the place and have my town reduced to dirt. Not sure how long it takes for grass to grow back in this one since apparently it was horrendous in City Folk.

The layout of my town screws things up with the paths, though. If there wasn't the pond right next to Re-tail and in front of Town Hall I could have a nice straight path up, but instead I have to loop around from the East. I would start a new game to try and get a better layout if I didn't enjoy my villagers so much.