The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Sharks are really the key to making a ton of money. I'm not as obsessive as our dear friend here but yeah.

On a related note, have you guys gotten the next level of the Nook kids' store yet? I thought it unlocked after seven days if you spent enough money.

I haven't gotten the upgrade yet either. Not sure how much I've spent there, nor if it'll be something announced once you do or if the next day you get a message about it from Isabelle during the load screen.

So, got New Leaf yesterday and was playing it most of last night/this morning. My town's fruit is Pears, which are...fun? I dunno. I got a Perfect Pear this morning which was nice. Got Cherries, Peaches and Banana trees growing in too, but they'll probably take a while.

I got the same thing. I also unlocked the Dream Suite to build, but it doesn't seem like anything worth building. You just go to others peoples' towns and can do whatever you want without actually affecting the town. I ended up building a campsite instead where a lot of trees were. I might regret it later on, but nothing really else I want to build yet.

Ended up getting some mango and a ton of lemons when I went to do a couple fishing tours on the island. Hopefully I get another axe tomorrow so that I can take down some more trees to get those a spot for growing.

The campsite is great. That's how we got Flora to move in. She's a flamingo with attitude.

I got both the Nookling Junction closure and the Dream Suite as an option. I decided to go with the Dream Suite anyway because nothing else is very interesting gameplay-wise right now and my wife has stayed up late the past few nights fishing on the island anyway and will probably just pay it off quickly. :shifty:

Random villagers who don't live in your town already will show up and set up camp. You can play games with them and get special themed stuff or other furniture and such. You can also get a game if you want them to move in, and if you win, they'll move into your town in a few days. I got some nice furniture from Flora, then I beat her in rock-paper-scissors, so she's moving in as we speak.

My villagers are awesome by the way. Beardo and Curt alone are worth it.

I got another cat villager today :/ Olivia it is. If she mentions moving out I'm probably going to let her, because that's three cat's I have in my town now.

I ended up getting a couple designs to make proper paths in my town. I thought I would be fine with the grass degrading and whatnot, but I'm not now. Doesn't help that there's a pond a bit in front of town hall that prevents me from making a better path to it, and the set up of houses doesn't help at times, but I'm rather happy with it so far.