The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Probably doesn't help that villagers set up their houses in stupid ways that don't line themselves up <_<

Even though it's only been two weeks, I feel like I've accomplished a lot in the game so far.

I've got room for trees and some public works projects (have an idea where to put the police station, but I've no idea how much space is required for it). I think just chopping down all the trees in town will help somewhat, since it'll just be a bit more of a blank canvas to work with.

I dunno. I could just give my items and savings to a friend and have them transfer it back to a new town I create, but I don't know if I want to start all over yet. Of course, the longer I play the less I'll want to start a new town <_<

I've got a robo-closet for you, Sousa. Won't be on until tomorrow at some point.

Hooray! I'll bring you pears.

I've got a really great town layout actually. The river is fairly straight and divides the town into north and south, and I put down a second bridge for my first public works project, so it's easy to get around in. It sort of wants another bridge near the bend, but it's not terrible. I haven't made any effort to really clean it up, though, so there are trees everywhere that need the axe.

I hate your town <_<

I'll probably stick with my town, just because the two weeks of work seems like a lot more and I don't want to lose Apollo, Roald, Gladys, Moe, Mira, Kitty, Patty, or Lopez. I could do without Olivia.

Think I'll be keeping the paths in this time as well. Only using two still, because as nice as the paths that have the outside borders are I can't bring myself to spending 8-9 of my design slots on them.

Also Sousa, I'll probably be out in a bit so won't know if you're on. If you happen to be on later and have your gate open, I'll try checking my friends list every now and then so I could pop in quickly.

I'm putting my gate open now, VE, so if you're by in the next little bit, you can get in; I'll be on the shore catching coelocanths a coelocanth SEA BASS GUYS JK LOL THERE ARE NO FISH BESIDES SEA BASS.

Apsham you can swing by and get fruit or whatever you need as well since you're restarting.

EDIT: I'm actually getting server maintenance errors; I'll try again in a little bit.

I can hope on real quick for a minute now.

And fucking Apollo sold me a fake one he had grabbed from Redd. I'm assuming that if someone offers you something for less than what Redd would, it's fake, and if they offer it to you for more it'll be real. Based on two occurrences that prove taht theory at least <_<

Also, that Reggie from from Nintendo was in my Happy Home Showcase from a spotpass thing I guess, and his house is crazy. The main room is just filled to the brim with stuff from fortune cookies.

I just went to Reggie's house. VE, he's got a minimalist dresser in one of those rooms that you can order. His Reggie-themed blanket on the bed is great.

Is it possible to have a non-white Mii? Reggie is the first non-white guy I've ever seen in the game. :shifty:

I've got a minimalist bed, lamp, ottoman, and wardrobe in my catalog by the way. That's actually quite a bit. Do you have anything different from that? Maybe we can swap.

From what I remember I have the wardrobe, sofa, end table, and chair. I'll have to snag the dresser from him at some point. Do you think you could order me the bed, lamp, and ottoman and I can pay you back?

How about we swap bed, lamp, and ottoman for sofa, end table, and chair? I wouldn't mind having another mostly complete set to fall back on should I stop finding modern or robo stuff.

Reggie-themed blanket

I'm sold!

6.jpg

ReggieBed.

He looks vaguely like a Super Punch-Out character, where his name would doubtless be REGGIE ROXX or something.

I just realized that the pattern is also on the pillow, which makes it look like he has a tiny squat Reggie on top of his head as well.

• Like 1