The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

MODERN WARDROBE GET.

I now have the complete modern set--including wall and tile. If anybody wants it, let's arrange a trade. Or moneys or some such.

EDIT: Complete alpine set too! Rich Uncle Sousa is your hook-up.

*sighs* I really wish I had bought this when it first came out, I am totally at a loss for how much stuff y'all have. How the heck do you even have room to farm something worth 300K?

It's the island; you might not have access yet (you don't get it until I think when you move out of the tent). After 7 pm, palm tree beetles and the more expensive tree beetles show up. If you catch nothing but sharks (easy to spot) and don't catch any insects less expensive than the saw stag (2,000 bells) you can very easily bring back 300,000+ in a single trip. You can fit 40 bugs/fish/whatever in the box at the island, so math is on your side.

When I was talking about farming, I was talking about a technique that people are using to enhance the likelyhood of getting good Beetles after 7.

I uprooted all of the flowers, bushes and cut down all the trees and remove the stumps except for three.. one on the middle part of the island that has grass on it, and one on either side of that in the sand. This removes any chance of butterflies (can't be scared off by running near them) and some other kinds of bugs. Since only 5 can spawn at a time, all I have to do is scare low value bugs away by running near them (usually something on the middle tree, as I only keep that around just in case, wharf roaches which scare easy and hermit crabs which also scare away easy).

Gonna demolish my illuminated clock to move it about 2 squares over so that the path bordering it isn't right next to a giant rock. The rocks in my town fuck stuff up for me too much <_<

Also trying to figure out what to do with flowers :/

I put flowers along the edges of town--along the western and northern cliff faces. I also have a ring of them around the lighthouse (which is off on the corner of a cliff). Much less likely to run them over. Then again, you guys all picked the moron maps and West Hog is pretty much perfectly laid out. :shifty:

I hate your stupid map that is better than mine <_<

At this point I've given up on starting a new game. I'm just glad that I haven't had a 10th villager move in yet and completely fuck things up for me, though at the same time I want a camper to show up so I can have the 10th spot filled. I've only had a camper once since I built the campsite and that was a couple weeks ago.

I keep trying to cycle in new townspeople and my daughter keeps foiling it.

OZZIE: "I'm going to move out!"

SOUSA: "KBYE"

SOUSA'S DAUGHTER: "NO OZZIE DON'T GO WE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU."

We've only had one person move in with the big sister/"uchi" personality for this reason, and she's been the only person to move out so far. <_<

For those of you in the US and Canada, Club Nintendo's offering a $30 eShop credit if you buy Fire Emblem and the new Shin Megami Tensai. Details here.

I've never played any of the Shin Megami Tensai games mostly because I've not been big on JRPGs in a long time, but Fire Emblem is still the best 3DS game ever, and $30 is enough to buy a fair amount of Virtual Console games and almost enough to get a third game entirely, so it's a great deal.

I asked for Canada to get fucked and it happened! It's a miracle!

On a That Game We've Been Talking About note, how are you guys getting perfect fruit? I haven't gotten any at all, and I've even started harvesting the peaches pretty regularly.