The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Yeah, I just about never use the 3D on my 3DS. I love my 3DS to death, but 3D is nonsense.

I'm actually really excited about this--we've broken the hinge on three different DS's. That this one is cheaper means it'd make a great Christmas gift for my daughter or my wife so we don't have to always wait on each other to play our one DS. It'll make a great second system.

God damn broken hinges. Microsoft get endless amounts of shit for the RRoD but I barely ever see anyone call Nintendo on their shit.

That's because nobody on here actually buys Nintendo shit. It's like me, Skummy, and Apsham at this point. :shifty:

God damn broken hinges. Microsoft get endless amounts of shit for the RRoD but I barely ever see anyone call Nintendo on their shit.

That's because nobody on here actually buys Nintendo shit. It's like me, Skummy, and Apsham at this point. :shifty:

:angry: i use my 3DS to play Pokemon White 2 and maybe Fire Emblem if I can forgive it for being evil

Not just this site though. Actual gaming sites have zero mention of that. Until you brought it up, I never knew it was a problem.

Yes I certainly do!

You never play with me, though. :(

Not just this site though. Actual gaming sites have zero mention of that. Until you brought it up, I never knew it was a problem.

Likewise. I've never once come across that. I can obviously see how it could be a problem, but up until now I've never, online or in real life, encountered anyone who has broken the hinge on their DS or 3DS. That, to me, would suggest that it's nowhere near as widespread an issue as the RRoD is/was, and so there's not as much need to "call Nintendo on their shit".

And Nintendo get called on other shit all the time - the vast majority of outspoken "gamers" online hate Nintendo for, seemingly, having the audacity to market video games as a fun distraction rather than super serious business.

Likewise. I've never once come across that. I can obviously see how it could be a problem, but up until now I've never, online or in real life, encountered anyone who has broken the hinge on their DS or 3DS. That, to me, would suggest that it's nowhere near as widespread an issue as the RRoD is/was, and so there's not as much need to "call Nintendo on their shit".

And Nintendo get called on other shit all the time - the vast majority of outspoken "gamers" online hate Nintendo for, seemingly, having the audacity to market video games as a fun distraction rather than super serious business.

Kids break them all the freaking time. The number of people trying to return them is just crazy, and obviously they all get frustrated because that kind of damage isn't covered . But yeah, it's pretty common even in my town, I imagine it's pretty widespread overall.

The price drop/Wind Waker bundle sold me on the Wii U. Also helped I had a considerable Amazon credit, but I'm excited for it. Didn't know Wind Waker was available like a month earlier with the bundle too... Hopefully a good way for Nintendo to move some hardware.