The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I feel like I'll probably pick up a 2DS on boxing day or Black Friday. Enough games have come out that it is a must buy at this point.

I promise not to post extensively about how awesome the new Ace Attorney game is when I buy it (i.e., whenever it becomes available in the eShop).

HAHA JUST KIDDING IT IS AWESOME GO BUY IT

You are lucky I like you / find you attractive.

The outfit DLC (free until November 7!) lets you dress Athena Cykes as a Donald Duck sailor and Apollo Justice as a streetwise teenager in an anti-drug PSA, and I of course am doing exactly that thing.

Also, two save slots! You have no idea how great it is that my wife and I can play this one simultaneously instead of one of us waiting for the other to finish.

Oh man you guys when you investigate something the cursor is a checkmark so you don't investigate it more than once, and also there's a checklist of things to do so you're not wandering around hoping you stumble on the "THIS IS THE PART THAT SHOWS YOU THE TIME AND DATE" thing like in previous games.

Seriously, it's an Ace Attorney game that actually addresses the things that sucked about the previous Ace Attorney games. Why are you not buying it?

Okay, New Ace Attorney Game Quick Review: it is pretty great, with a real HOLY SHIT twist in the last case that turns everything else that's happened so far on its ear. It's definitely better than either of Apollo Justice or Ace Attorney Investigations but not quite as good as Justice for All or Trials & Tribulations. None of the cases really rise to the level of the best ones (Rise from the Ashes from Ace Attorney, Farewell My Turnabout from Justice, Stolen Turnabout from T&T), but none of them are bad--though the last case is basically an extension of the fourth, which is kind of a bummer. The Monstrous Turnabout is probably my favorite just because it has MYTHS and MONSTERS and SUPERSTITIONS and WRESTLING.

Definitely worth getting but not if you haven't played the other games yet (except Ace Attorney Investigations, which isn't really referenced at all). There's a point in the last case where

Pearl and Edgeworth

show up, and if you don't know anything about the series, then it won't matter much to you.