The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

I'm looking at this Amazon Lightning Deal for a 3DS XL which comes with Mario Kart 7 and you can register with Nintendo to get 3D Land free too. £130 and I really shouldn't but I'm mightly tempted with things like the new Zelda and Pokeymans. :shifty:

Feels extremely cheeky but I don't suppose any of you guys have some those freebies where you can gift a free copy of a game to a friend? I seem to recall hearing about those in the past for things like Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter.

Mario Kart 7 is... okay. I wasn't super thrilled by it, but it's Mario Kart and Mario Kart is fun enough for a while. That's actually not a bad price for an XL and basically two games, both of which range from pretty good to fantastic.

You can do 3D Land with the 3D off and it's fine. I turned it on for parts, but it never felt essential (it does sometimes in the new Zelda game, but it's not eye-strainingly obtrusive or anything).

Arrived today, now charging after a trip to pick up a charger, which I'll offer up a slight grumble to. Granted, I knew what I was getting myself into but still.

Anyway, any Do's and Dont's for when I boot her up for the first time? And do we have a list of friend codes somewhere? I know you guys have been sharing them amongst yourselves what with Animal Crossing and Pokemans but was hoping there was just one post somewhere that had them. Not that I'll really be doing anything until I get Pokeymans, unless someone wanted to Mario Kart.

My Friend Code: 3067-5867-4704

Yeah, the free 3D Land kinda helped tip me over into finally get my XL. It's kinda also making me think about going digital with some of my other purchases because, something like Pokemon, I'm not gonna trade it because I'd lose all my awesome 'mans and it is convenient to just boot the 3DS up and have games just sitting on the main menu for me to fire up. I assume cart games are all saved to the cart itself rather than the SD card so I couldn't just back up a retail Pokemon save? That just screams potential for cheating anyway. :shifty:

And having this thing kinda has me interested in collecting more of the original DS library again. Playing Elite Beat Agents on it kinda has me wary though, I feel like I'm going to tear the touch screen apart everytime I wildly do the spinny parts of songs.