The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Yeah, Bravely Default is a stupid, stupid name.

Building takes forever, but just make sure that you Street Pass/Spot Pass often enough and it gets quicker. Even so, on the full game, I'm tending to just leave the 2DS on sleep overnight to get that stuff done. You earn "Sleep Points" that way too, which are stupid, but at least an attempt to use features of the console in a new way.

I love the demo, incidentally - I've never bothered with demos of most RPGs, because they just run you through the shitty tutorial bit, and then when you get the full game, you just have to do it all over again. Bravely Default's demo is really cool for giving you a completely different little mini scenario to get you used to the game, without giving you something you'll have to repeat later on. And completing objectives in the demo giving you bonuses in the full game is an awesome touch.

The town stuff takes next to no time. Just set it up to upgrade everything over night and spread your villagers thin. I've got everything at max and the entire town rebuilt after only a week or so, I just made sure to reset what needs upgrading before going to bed. You also don't need to use Street Pass at all, I haven't taken my 3DS out of my room yet and I've got 44 villagers and raising... and I don't even need them now.

The sleep points are the most pointless things ever. It just kind of gives you another turn with one character... they could be overpowered with like, 10-20 of them spammed in one battle, but you get a maximum of 3 without spending money. The thing is you'd never need to use them, like... a half hour spent leveling your characters will put them far enough ahead to deal with most bosses.

Downside to how easy the town stuff is, is that you'll gain access to late game weapons really early, so you don't get to enjoy many of the ones found in chests and stolen from bosses. I'm on Chapter 3 (about a third through the game?) and I've not found anything better than my Norende weapons in ages.

Played the Wii U on New Year's Eve at a friends and it was really fun. Did a lot of Nintendoland stuff and a little 3D World. I don't think if it's a system I would get for myself as it seems like something that's more fun with a group of people (which I don't think is a bad thing), but it's definitely fun with the gamepad.

It's remarkable how much better Wii U is when you have kids. I'd imagine it'd also be true if you were in a college dorm, but having a couple of little people around to create chaos makes games like Mario 3D World that much better.

It's remarkable how much better Wii U is when you have kids. I'd imagine it'd also be true if you were in a college dorm, but having a couple of little people around to create chaos makes games like Mario 3D World that much better.

Stop making it more tempting! :crying:

That's a rough one. You need lots of fliers and people who can move quickly through the desert (anybody who can use a tome can move quickly over desert tiles). Plan to pair Chrom with a flier so you can get him over to Libra and Tharja in one big move when you're ready to get them, at which point, bam, two free people. Really, though, take it slow. Libra can hold his own for a while and can heal you up when you get to him. Pay attention to where the enemy can move and try to lure them out one at a time, then surround and kill.

The hardest part is making it through the beginning since mobility is so fucked, but with a good combination of pegasus/unicorn/wyvern types and magic-users (and lots of Pair Up), you can get through it.

Libra killed Tharja before I made it unfortunately.

...holy shit, I have never ever seen that happen. Libra will normally wipe out the dudes in his corner and then run straight up to you. I've never actually seen him engage Tharja.

Personal favourites;

The Last Story

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Little King's Story

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

No More Heroes 2

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles if you have 120 hours to spare...

Oh so apparently I just have to get a $20 dongle to keep Wii Fit U forever and not just buy the $50 or $60 game. That's fantastic and more reasonable considering it's more of an expansion pack than a whole new game.

Holy shit, whenever anyone says "yeah nintendo makes easy games for kids" I am going to point them to fucking A Beam in the Dark from Mario 3D World. SO MANY FLYING DRY BONES, MY GOD MAN.

I "finished" the game (insofar as beating up Final Boss Bowser can be considered finishing any modern Mario game). Last boss was a really cool concept but a bit on the easy side, though again, it's not the last thing you do. Looking forward to doing the extra levels now, as this has been a pretty fun game.

On a related note, I find Peach pretty damn attractive in her boomerang suit. :pervert: Something about a woman in boots, man.

So my dad gave me my moms Wii. One hand I'm considering trading it in at Gamestop. Only thing my mom had for it aside from Wii Sports is Wii Fit. I could've sworn she had Mario Galaxy too but can't find it in. Plus none of the Wii games ever really stuck out at me as games I wanted to play, aside from Skyward Sword, and thats solely to keep my "beat every console Zelda game" streak going

On the other hand...I need to beat Skyward Sword <_<